IONNA General Counsel
Welcome to IONNA, the joint venture founded by seven global automotive leaders, including BMW, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, and Stellantis. At IONNA, we're revolutionizing the EV charging landscape in North America by creating a high-powered charging network that's set to redefine the way we drive.
We're on a mission to make EV charging reliable, accessible, and convenient. With a commitment to deploying a minimum of 30,000 chargers, we're shaping the future of electric mobility, exceeding industry standards and leading the charge toward a sustainable, zero-emission tomorrow.
Why Join IONNA:
- Pioneering Spirit: Be part of a groundbreaking joint venture that is aiming to change the driving experience in North America
- Innovation Hub: Immerse yourself in cutting-edge technology and redefine the future of EVs
- Sustainability Focus: Contribute to a greener planet by powering our stations exclusively with renewable energy
- Dynamic Culture: Join a passionate team committed to shaping the landscape of electric mobility
- Endless Opportunities: Grow professionally in an industry that's set to reshape the automotive world
Join IONNA and be a driving force in the EV revolution. Your journey starts here.
Our ideal candidate will be a seasoned corporate/commercial lawyer who shares our passion for promoting the growth of sustainable energy and can thrive in a fast growing, entrepreneurial environment. The General Counsel will provide expert legal advice and guidance on a wide range of legal matters related to supply chain management, real estate transactions, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, technology licensing, intellectual property, employment law, and dispute resolution.
- Provide proactive advice on a wide variety of strategic, regulatory and transactional matters for the Operations, Technology and Procurement teams.
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial agreements such as NDAs, supply contracts, SaaS agreements, master services contracts, construction contracts, real estate leases and purchase/sales agreements.
- Prepare and maintain contract forms to support the company’s growth.
- Develop and implement company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and industry standards.
- Conduct internal compliance training on FCPA, confidentiality, antitrust, privacy and technology export/trade regulations.
- Review and negotiate legal documentation for joint ventures and additional capital investments.
- Perform corporate secretarial functions such as maintenance of corporate constituent documents, governmental filings, and recording minutes of board meetings.
- Manage legal disputes and litigation and oversee external counsel.
Skills and Experience
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from a well-regarded and accredited U.S. law school.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant practice experience, preferably from a combination of law firm and in-house experience. Prior work experience involving the automotive or EV charging industry preferred.
- Admitted to practice in at least one U.S. state or District of Columbia.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Have excellent customer relations skills and must be a dynamic and proactive professional.
- Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written skills with ability to convey complex information that others can readily follow.
- Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills in both one-on-one and group situations.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office and Google Suite.
- Excellent communication skills with a business-level to near native-level fluency in English (written and oral). Fluency in additional languages (including German, Japanese or Korean) is a plus.
IONNA is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices through a competitive base salary, as well as offering bonus programs, comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, 401(K), and paid holidays. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. IONNA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.