VP of Deployment
Welcome to IONNA, the joint venture founded by seven global automotive leaders, including BMW, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, and Stellantis. At IONNA, we're revolutionizing the EV charging landscape in North America by creating a high-powered charging network that's set to redefine the way we drive.
We're on a mission to make EV charging reliable, accessible, and convenient. With a commitment to deploying a minimum of 30,000 chargers, we're shaping the future of electric mobility, exceeding industry standards and leading the charge toward a sustainable, zero-emission tomorrow.
Why Join IONNA:
- Pioneering Spirit: Be part of a groundbreaking joint venture that is aiming to change the driving experience in North America
- Innovation Hub: Immerse yourself in cutting-edge technology and redefine the future of EVs
- Sustainability Focus: Contribute to a greener planet by powering our stations exclusively with renewable energy
- Dynamic Culture: Join a passionate team committed to shaping the landscape of electric mobility
- Endless Opportunities: Grow professionally in an industry that's set to reshape the automotive world
Join IONNA and be a driving force in the EV revolution. Your journey starts here.
The Construction Director will play a critical role on the Deployment team, leading an internal team focused on developing expertise in the construction of high-powered charging sites with accompanying amenities at scale. They will be responsible for the oversight of contractors’ performance, management of construction staff, and other duties as necessary. The Construction Director will develop construction standards, best practices, and controls.
- Accountable for contractors’ work for compliance with schedule, budget, quality, safety, and overall conformance with the contract documents
- Reviews contract documents and assists with procurement and evaluations
- Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders and 3rd party partners as needed to achieve business objections
- Resolves field construction problems in coordination with Deployment and Technology teams
- Attends Deployment pacing discussions to ensure roadblocks are being solved and KPIs are being met
- Lead continuous improvement for policy and procedures
Skills and Experience
- 7+ year's experience managing construction of commercial projects required
- 5+ year's experience managing construction of charging infrastructure preferred
- Ability to effectively solve problems and conflicts
- Ability to provide leadership in the execution of complex construction projects
- Ability to work with construction contractors, vendors, and consultants
- Knowledge of design-build project delivery methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management
IONNA is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices through a competitive base salary, as well as offering bonus programs, comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, 401(K), and paid holidays. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. IONNA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.