Chief Engineer – Software
Welcome to IONNA, the joint venture founded by seven global automotive leaders, including BMW, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, and Stellantis. At IONNA, we're revolutionizing the EV charging landscape in North America by creating a high-powered charging network that's set to redefine the way we drive.
We're on a mission to make EV charging reliable, accessible, and convenient. With a commitment to deploying a minimum of 30,000 chargers, we're shaping the future of electric mobility, exceeding industry standards and leading the charge toward a sustainable, zero-emission tomorrow.
Why Join IONNA:
- Pioneering Spirit: Be part of a groundbreaking joint venture that is aiming to change the driving experience in North America
- Innovation Hub: Immerse yourself in cutting-edge technology and redefine the future of EVs
- Sustainability Focus: Contribute to a greener planet by powering our stations exclusively with renewable energy
- Dynamic Culture: Join a passionate team committed to shaping the landscape of electric mobility
- Endless Opportunities: Grow professionally in an industry that's set to reshape the automotive world
Join IONNA and be a driving force in the EV revolution. Your journey starts here.
The Chief Engineer of Software will play a critical role at IONNA, leading an engineering team to develop a CPMS solution, eMSP platform, architecture of end-to-end software solutions, and the integration of a CPMS with EV chargers. The Chief Engineer and their team will need to support the Operations, Product and Partnerships teams to ensure alignment on technical topics. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of EV charger technology and be able to build a strong technical team that is driven to change the charging landscape.
- Build and lead an engineering team that deliver a best in class charging customer experience
- Provide strategic direction and vision for the corporate engineering team to support the overall business objectives and growth plans
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement that drives team engagement, ownership, and operational excellence
- Drive evaluation and selection of a Charge Station Management Software (CPMS) provider
- Drive evaluation and selection of an e-Mobility Service Provider (eMSP) solution
- Lead the development of software features to support and enrich IONNA’s CPMS and eMSP platforms
- Build an end-to-end system architecture to ensure a best in class charging customer experience
- Lead integration of IONNA’s platform with participating automakers’ in-vehicle and in-app experiences, encompassing reservations, intelligent route planning and navigation, payment applications, transparent energy management, and additional features
- Partner with Operations to drive industry-leading uptime and help ensure a low-cost, high quality operating business
- Assure products meet current and future regulatory requirements and manage the certification process for both products and processes
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the latest developments in EV charger technology, staying current with industry trends and advancements
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years experience with charging technology
- Deep technical understanding of OCPP, ISO15118, DIN, OCPI
- Detailed understanding of the current public fast charging landscape
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering
- Exceptional communication and project management skills to effectively progress discussions with important stakeholders
IONNA is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices through a competitive base salary, as well as offering bonus programs, comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, 401(K), and paid holidays. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. IONNA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.