Bollinger Motors is looking for a full-time Legal Counsel. In this role, you will be working for an innovative electric vehicle startup during a dynamic and transformative time for the industry, in a position that offers the opportunity to work on a wide variety of legal, regulatory, and business-related matters as the company scales in anticipation of start of production. This position reports to the General Counsel and is an in-person role at the company’s Oak Park, MI headquarters. Title is negotiable based on experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of complex commercial agreements, including purchasing contracts across direct and indirect categories, development, production, and supply agreements, general terms and conditions, dealership agreements, logistics agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and service contracts.
- Support continuous improvement of Bollinger’s legal department by identifying and implementing new processes, document templates, and training materials, and collaborating with internal departments to develop and implement a variety of company-wide policies, processes, and guidelines.
- Provide accurate, timely, and practical advice on a range of commercial matters arising from various transactions and projects.
- Stay current on emerging legal and regulatory trends in relevant markets.
- Provide support for litigation, dispute resolution and other matters as they arise.
We are focused on building a great team and beyond the technical skills, we require humility and teamwork. We expect to work in the facility full-time, and we are a dog-friendly company.
- J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school and an active member in the Michigan Bar.
- At least four (4) years practicing as an attorney, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of automotive supply chain and manufacturing operations and experience negotiating procurement transactions, commercial contracts, and contract disputes is preferred.
- Ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, think strategically, and advance creative, legally sound practical solutions in the furtherance of Bollinger’s business goals
- Ability to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents, and exhibit exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong work ethic, combined with a collaborative mindset and the capability to work effectively within a team.
*** No third parties***
At Bollinger Motors, Inc., we celebrate the unique differences of our employees and recognize a diverse and inclusive workforce drives curiosity, innovation, and ultimately the success of our business. We are committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination and provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, arrest record, genetic information (including family medical history), marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Bollinger Motors complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination.?Whenever possible, Bollinger Motors will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees who need them due to religious beliefs, disabilities, or medical conditions.