Charging Technology Evaluation Manager
Chief Engineer - Charging Technology
Welcome to IONNA, the joint venture founded by seven global automotive leaders, including BMW, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, and Stellantis. At IONNA, we're revolutionizing the EV charging landscape in North America by creating a high-powered charging network that's set to redefine the way we drive.
We're on a mission to make EV charging reliable, accessible, and convenient. With a commitment to deploying a minimum of 30,000 chargers, we're shaping the future of electric mobility, exceeding industry standards and leading the charge toward a sustainable, zero-emission tomorrow.
Why Join IONNA:
- Pioneering Spirit: Be part of a groundbreaking joint venture that is aiming to change the driving experience in North America
- Innovation Hub: Immerse yourself in cutting-edge technology and redefine the future of EVs
- Sustainability Focus: Contribute to a greener planet by powering our stations exclusively with renewable energy
- Dynamic Culture: Join a passionate team committed to shaping the landscape of electric mobility
- Endless Opportunities: Grow professionally in an industry that's set to reshape the automotive world
Join IONNA and be a driving force in the EV revolution. Your journey starts here.
The Charging Technology Evaluation Manager will play a critical role at IONNA, leading a testing team to evaluate charger technology and other balance of systems that will be deployed at sites. They will be responsible for validation and testing of IONNA’s end to end solutions to ensure full interoperability between the CPMS, payment gateways, EV chargers, vehicles and customers. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of EV charger technology and be able to build a strong technical team that is driven to change the charging landscape.
- Build and lead an EV Charging Test Lab, focused on evaluation of new technologies, implementation of charging systems and vehicle interoperability.
- Lead integration testing of the end-to-end IONNA technology stack.
- Generate evaluation and test reports to share key learnings with Technology, Operations and Product teams.
- Develop test scripts, testing apparatus and all necessary items to properly evaluate performance of charging technologies.
- Partner with Operations to drive 98%+ uptime and help ensure a low-cost, high quality operating business.
- Support the evaluation of new charging technologies through testing.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the latest developments in EV charger technology, staying current with industry trends and advancements.
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years experience with charging technology
- Proven experience in managing a development lab
- Deep technical understanding of OCPP, ISO15118, DIN
- Detailed understanding of the current public fast charging landscape
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering
- Exceptional communication and project management skills to effectively progress discussions with important stakeholders
IONNA is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices through a competitive base salary, as well as offering bonus programs, comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, 401(K), and paid holidays. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. IONNA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.