Charging Technology Lead
Chief Engineer – Charging Technology
Welcome to IONNA, the joint venture founded by seven global automotive leaders, including BMW, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, and Stellantis. At IONNA, we're revolutionizing the EV charging landscape in North America by creating a high-powered charging network that's set to redefine the way we drive.
We're on a mission to make EV charging reliable, accessible, and convenient. With a commitment to deploying a minimum of 30,000 chargers, we're shaping the future of electric mobility, exceeding industry standards and leading the charge toward a sustainable, zero-emission tomorrow.
Why Join IONNA:
- Pioneering Spirit: Be part of a groundbreaking joint venture that is aiming to change the driving experience in North America
- Innovation Hub: Immerse yourself in cutting-edge technology and redefine the future of EVs
- Sustainability Focus: Contribute to a greener planet by powering our stations exclusively with renewable energy
- Dynamic Culture: Join a passionate team committed to shaping the landscape of electric mobility
- Endless Opportunities: Grow professionally in an industry that's set to reshape the automotive world
Join IONNA and be a driving force in the EV revolution. Your journey starts here.
The Charging Technology Lead will be responsible for driving the execution of the implementation of charging technology, including selection of charging equipment, Plug and Charge, vehicle interoperability, etc. They will be a critical member of the Technology team, ensuring that the IONNA is delivering a best-in-class customer experience and achieving industry-leading uptime.
- Drive evaluation and selection of charging hardware suppliers and necessary 3rd party partners to achieve business objectives
- Support development of the end-to-end system architecture to ensure a best in class charging customer experience
- Lead continuous improvement of charging hardware quality and reliability metrics by working closely with equipment vendors to strengthen manufacturing processes and design for reliability
- Assure products meet current and future regulatory requirements and manage the certification process for both products and processes
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the latest developments in EV charger technology, staying current with industry trends and advancements
- Develop relationships with EVSE partners and other relevant industry stakeholders
- Work with the Supplier Quality team and participate in partnership meetings review SLAs, uptime reports, parts and materials, and hold them to preventative maintenance schedules
- Partner with Operations to drive industry-leading uptime and help ensure a low-cost, high quality operating business
- Support Operations team to resolve complex hardware-related problems
- Work with automotive OEMs on vehicle integration to the IONNA ecosystem, including Plug-and-Charge, interoperability and other areas as required
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience with charging technology
- Deep technical understanding of OCPP, ISO15118, DIN
- Detailed understanding of the current public fast charging landscape
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering
- Exceptional communication and project management skills to effectively progress discussions with important stakeholders
IONNA is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices through a competitive base salary, as well as offering bonus programs, comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, 401(K), and paid holidays. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. IONNA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.