You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel exactly the same way.
You’re driven, self-motivated, and organized and you want to fully utilize your experience in executing Commissioning, Start-up, Operations and Maintenance of refueling stations and mobile fuelers. You want to play an impactful role in shaping the US push to zero emission transportation solutions.
The Senior Operations Manager - Stations/Mobile Fuelers will report to the Director of Station Operations as the project organization develops. This position is responsible for Commissioning, Start-up, Operations and Maintenance of hydrogen refueling stations and hydrogen mobile fuelers within your assigned region. This position will also be responsible for adhering to developing the nation-wide operation and maintenance strategy. Position will be filled by a fulltime employee, preferred location in Ontario, CA. Travel between home location, Phoenix and station/mobile locations is required.Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assistance in the management of Commissioning, Start-up, Operations and Maintenance procedures and manuals for the safe and reliable operation of refueling equipment.
- Develop a team of technicians to commission, operate and maintain hydrogen mobile fueling equipment across assigned region.
- Manage Process Safety risks to eliminate hydrocarbon leaks and spills.
- Systematically address risks to occupational health & safety to eliminate injuries/illness.
- Assure Legal and regulatory compliance.
- Manage Environmental risk.
- Always promote Safe work environment.
- Manage temporary or permanent changes that could impact safe, responsible, and reliable operations.
- Engage the workforce in the use of Area / System Ownership and Failure Analysis as a basis for defect identification and elimination.
- Accountable for the quality and use of Process Safety Documents, Operating Procedures. To be up to date, understood and applied consistently.
- Drive improvements in Execution Efficiency and technician ‘wrench time’ to enable more time to be focused on improvement activities and to facilitate optimized resource allocation.
- Create an environment which supports a positive safety culture of collective mindfulness, a learning organization, and a performance-focused culture where promises get delivered.
- Develop and sustain the installation's organizational capability to deliver challenging targets in both the annual Performance Contract and Long-Term Plan.
- Act as member of the emergency response team and comply with the responsibilities assigned as defined in the Emergency Response Plan.
- Participate in emergency response exercises to ensure a full understanding of the process and procedures.
- On-scene commander.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or 10 Year of experience in an Operations Manager/Manager role.
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.EEO Statement
Nikola Corporation™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.