We are seeking a Senior Power Electronics Engineer for the wireless charging engineering team in our Watertown, MA facility supporting high power electric vehicle applications. Projects will focus on developing products from concept through design, development, verification, release to manufacturing and support with the end goal of delivering cost-effective automotive products.
Tasks will include circuit modeling and design, simulation, schematic capture, PCB layout and test. Candidates must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly technical environment. Candidates should be highly motivated with a deep fundamental understanding of power circuits and high-frequency power conversion concepts up to 22KW.Responsibilities:
- Initiate designs of new, high-efficiency, power conversion and circuits for rectification and soft-switching inverters (at power levels up to 22 KW)
- Analyze, simulate, design, implement, debug, and characterize power conversion feedback control systems, both analog and digital control system implementations
- Lead the PCB and prototyping design efforts, including developing functional and design specifications as well as test and qualification procedures.
- Performing DFMEA and reliability analysis
- Organize and perform prototyping and simulation efforts, direct and coordinate in-house and external prototype fabrication efforts.
- Support new technology development initiatives and other critical projects
- Communicate/collaborate with various team members, both verbal and written, on technical information regarding electronic and electrical system design and performance
- BSEE required; Advanced degree in electrical engineering is desirable
- 7+ years of experience working in power electronics design, analysis, modeling, and testing; demonstrated competency and innovation with AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC power electronics converters up to 5KW required; 22 KW desired.
- Experience designing gate driver circuits for Si, SiC, GaN MOSFET and IGBT switches.
- Experience in specifying, designing, and testing magnetic components such as power inductors and transformers.
- Demonstrated ability to take designs from concept through to mass production; candidate should have experience with cost down and release to manufacturing.
- Proficient with Design for Manufacturing/Testing and Safety/EMC compliance
- Required skills/experience:
- High-frequency switch mode power supply design, resonant converters and related components
- MATLAB / Simulink, Altium, LabView; C/C++
- Oscilloscope, Network Analyzer, Power Analyzer, Signal Generator, Electronic Load
- Strong Engineering lab bench skills are required.
- Automotive and/or industrial application experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Energetic team player who is fully engaged with the success of the business and a willingness to do what is necessary to get the job done.
WiTricity is the pioneer in wireless charging for electric vehicles, leading the development and implementation of magnetic resonance technology across passenger and commercial vehicles. The company’s products are backed by an extensive patent portfolio that supports ratified global EV wireless charging standards including SAE, ISO, and GB. Automakers and Tier 1 suppliers look to WiTricity to help accelerate the adoption of EVs by eliminating the hassle of plug-in charging and setting the stage for future autonomy. Beyond EVs, WiTricity technology is foundational to the wireless charging of many products, from consumer electronics to micro-mobility to robotics.
Powered by JazzHR