At FreeWire we fundamentally change the way businesses and utilities
electrify. We build battery-based energy storage systems that provide
clean and quiet power anywhere it’s needed, reducing the cost and
accelerating deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
FreeWire’s solutions are evolving from providing ultrafast EV charging
services to a full suite of energy services to accelerate sustainable
electrification and provide resiliency to customers and a distributed
power source to utilities. FreeWire has secured major strategic
investors from Fortune 100 companies and serves leading corporate,
utility, and retail customers. The feedback on the Boost Charger,
FreeWire’s DC fast charger, has been overwhelmingly positive as we
electrify locations that would have been too expensive to power on using
conventional charging solutions. Utilities are releasing RFPs with
requests for battery backed solutions, their regulatory teams are
including our technology as eligible for incentives, and they are
seeking cost effective solutions as they electrify their fleets and
provide utility owned charging solutions for the public.
has deployed battery-integrated chargers with Fortune 100 companies,
commercial customers, fleets, retail locations, and gas stations. In
addition to its partnership with bp pulse, FreeWire and ampm, a bp
subsidiary and convenience store chain with over 1,000 locations, have
already deployed multiple public charging stations in the U.S.
FreeWire’s regulatory affairs and policy team keeps customers up to date
on federal, state, and utility incentive opportunities, which in some
cases cover up to 80% of the cost of the charging station, and the
company recently announced that the Boost Charger is Buy America
compliant. Learn more at www.freewiretech.com and follow us
Senior System Design Engineer - PCBA
Technologies is seeking a Senior System Design Engineer to join our
team. As a Senior System Design Engineer, you will help us fundamentally
change the way energy is delivered to electric vehicles. You will help
FreeWire evolve its solutions from providing EV charging where the
available grid connections do not have the capacity to a full suite of
energy services that will help accelerate sustainable electrification.
You will help define and design future products that will allow us to
provide services like bidirectional connections to the grid.
has secured funding to accelerate international market expansion of our
products and serves leading corporate, utility, and retail customers.
To meet our ambitious goals, we are growing rapidly.
seeking an extremely motivated individual to lead the design and
integration of our charging systems. Key attributes will be exceeding
expectations, flexibility in performing tasks, a commitment to
organization and documentation, and enthusiasm to do what it takes to
get the job done.
- Design PCBAs for
our EV charging systems with integrated batteries, including
architecture, requirements definition, component selection, integration,
- Design printed circuit boards that meet design constraints and rules
- Work with electrical engineers to design circuit boards assemblies including high voltage, high power, and high-speed PCBs
- Work with mechanical engineers on mechanical-electrical packaging
- Support quick-turn board builds with PCBA contract manufacturers
- Develop and execute tests for PCBAs and associated systems
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus in power electronics
- 5+ years of experience designing PCB Assemblies for electro-mechanical systems
- Strong understanding of modern PCB design and manufacturing process
- Proficient in using Altium and supporting tools for PCB Layout and Schematic Capture
- Knowledge of PCB manufacturing standards and process
- Experience designing for power electronics, analog signal processing, high-speed communication, A/D and D/A boards
- Experience with battery management systems
- A problem-solving mentality, demonstrating curiosity and initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and may be
subject to changes or amendments to meet the evolving needs of the
company. Thus, this position may include responsibilities or duties not
specifically stated, but which may be deemed necessary.
FreeWire offers competitive benefits, including:
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog Friendly
provide compensation packages that include base pay, benefits, and
equity, and it is not typical for someone to be hired at the top end of
the range for the role. Actual pay will be determined based on several
factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
FreeWire Technologies, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our
candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, disability status, parental status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristics protected by law. FreeWire Technologies
believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and
experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.