About TeraWatt Infrastructure
At TeraWatt, our mission is to power electrified fleets with the most reliable network of charging centers. Our platform provides solutions on the leading edge of the transition to zero-carbon transport. TeraWatt’s various functions embody the company’s core values to achieve our goals.
With increasing demand for electric vehicles, we are facing a once-in-a-century technology transition. The market for EV charging infrastructure is expected to grow to $1 trillion by 2040. The nation needs a long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. At TeraWatt, you will join your team in delivering quality end-to-end charging solutions. TeraWatt Infrastructure is the leader in financing, developing, and operating electric vehicle charging solutions. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets
The future of electrified transportation requires innovation and a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy, real-estate, and charging infrastructure. TeraWatt's business model builds on the economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy. TeraWatt is well established with a portfolio of properties spanning 18 states. These sites include charging solutions in key transportation corridors and logistics hubs. Client needs span urban mobility hubs, last mile fleet operators, and long haul electric trucking.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport. We are building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At TeraWatt, we continuously strive to foster inclusion, humility, energizing relationships and belonging, and welcome new ideas. We're growing and want you to grow with us. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. Electrifying transportation is priority #1 to impact climate change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments.
We are building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At TeraWatt, we continuously strive to foster inclusion, humility, energizing relationships and belonging, and welcome new ideas. We're growing and want you to grow with us. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
You embrace process and its ability to break incredibly complex systems with misunderstood failures into manageable engineering challenges. You’ve used your ability to automate smooth running test plans, create great documentation, and implement test reporting methods for new technologies and want to use those skills to help decarbonize commercial vehicle electric charging infrastructure. You love electric vehicles and want to bring that passion to the commercial vehicle world as well. Your team uses advanced software and tools to create systems capable of performing tests with millions of test lines in a day.
As a test engineer with a strong background in system testing and system architecture, you want to work with our team to build the most reliable electric vehicle supply equipment and charging sites in the world. And that’s why we want you.
In this role, you will work with a highly talented team of engineers to create test methods and tools for complex EV charging sites and equipment. The automated tests you create will identify thousands of variables that need to be tested to validate electrical, mechanical, and software interfaces that are critical to the backbone of commercial vehicle charging systems. Automation will be critical to your success, because the precision needed for the work we do can only be done with tightly controlled testing equipment. You’ll work with experts on power electronics, test automation, and EV:EVSE:CMS communication to support your detailed testing strategy.
If you want to use your strong test automation and Dev Ops skills and do not have a background in EVs, EV Chargers, this role can the way into the development of a new industry with the ability to transform the way goods move in North America.
- Responsible for building the automated and manual test suites for EV:EVSE:CMS.
- Responsible for integration and system tests for electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) in an EV Infrastructure as well as isolated environments.
- Perform EV Infrastructure interoperability testing including cloud communication, EV service providers (OCPP), and CANBUS communications.
- Develop automated testing methodology for how tests can be performed for systems that span software, electrical, and mechanical arenas, collaborating closely with validation engineers, the charge management software team, and field service.
- Own architecture creation of a manual and automated validation environment that can perform end-to-end testing of a EV charging experience
- 3+ years of system engineering, test engineering, testing automation, validation engineering, or similar experience
- Comfortable integrating software APIs into test plans
- Experience with test automation and automation frameworks such as PyTest, Robot or similar.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Python
- Experience in implementing Rest APIs, Websocket APIs or similar
- Experience creating something in a greenfield project
- BS or equivalent in Engineering or Computer Science discipline
- Ability to operate an electric vehicle
- Familiarity with EVSE testing equipment such as Vector or Keysight is a bonus.
- Located in Los Angeles area or willing to relocate
$120,000 - $140,000 a year
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, interview performance, and geographic location.
This role is eligible to participate in TeraWatt Infrastructure’s equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
At Terawatt, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.