We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up every day, roll up our sleeves and build a better world -- together. At Ford, we’re all a part of something bigger than ourselves. Are you ready to change the way the world moves?
Ford’s Model E team is charged with delivering the company’s vision of a fully electric transportation future. Model e is customer-obsessed, entrepreneurial, and data-driven and is dedicated to delivering industry-leading customer experience for electric vehicle buyers and owners. You’ll join an agile team of doers pioneering our EV future by working collaboratively, staying focused on only what matters, and delivering excellence day in and day out. Join us to make positive change by helping build a better world where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams.
What you'll do...
This position is for a High Voltage Battery Manufacturing Liaison/Launch Leader. The successful candidate will have responsibility to:
- Represent Design for Assembly (DFA) viewpoint on PD team during High Voltage (HV) Battery design workstreams.
- Support HV Battery component Design & Release (D&R) engineers with DFMEA, SCCAF and PFMEA development.
- Lead interface to battery assembly plant for next generation HV Battery designs.
- Develop Bill of Process/Assembly sequence process for HV Battery assembly plant. Work with Battery assembly plant team to develop appropriate process sheets and deliver necessary equipment to meet required design tolerances.
- Analyze HV Battery Manufacturing workstreams and suggest process improvements to minimize cycle time for battery build, or capital/tooling expenditures.
- Support on-site support to Prototype Battery assembly facility for prototype builds as required.
- Support Production Battery Manufacturing team during pre-production launch builds remotely or on-site at battery and vehicle plants.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Minimum B.S.CS, B.S.ME, B.S.EE, B.S.I.E)
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience during launch phase of a product desired
- Proactive, self-motivated, and attention to detail
- Strong teamwork, organizational, oral communication, and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills, able to effectively interact with multiple internal and external stakeholders
Even better, you may have...
- Understanding of 6-Sigma process and methodologies
- Experience with design for manufacture (DFM) and design for assembly (DFA)
- Experience in a Battery or Powertrain manufacturing plant desired
- Experience in Ford WERS/AIMS/GPDS or similar change management/issue management/production development systems desired
- Experience in engineering design methods, process, and engineering disciplines (DV, FMEA, etc.)
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments with competing priorities
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
- Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
- Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
- Tuition assistance
- Established and active employee resource groups
- Paid time off for individual and team community service
- A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.