The following description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion of adding or changing the duties of the position at any time.
Customer Service Technician repairs vehicles according to the processes. Technicians are assigned to a location within the field that modifies and repairs mechanical and electrical processes of the vehicles and follows documentation pertaining to their assigned station in their department.
· Assembles each stage of vehicle manufacturing according to processes
· Provide service and customer support during field visits
· Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service equipment
· Diagnose errors and communicate with customer and team to determine appropriate solution
· Reads blueprints
· Uses measuring tape, levels, squares for installations based on Engineering documentation (metric is preferred)
· Use of standard hand tools where applicable
· Use of power tools such as electric and pneumatic tools where applicable
· Use of calibration tools
· Drilling and handling of material such as (fiberglass, plastics composites and aluminum)
· Installation and removal of fasteners such as nuts, bolts and rivets
· Occasionally apply adhesives and sealants to bus processes
· Install and repair of pneumatic brake systems, cooling systems, and axel alignment
· Demonstrates attention to detail
· Demonstrates required skills
· Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
· Communicates changes and progress
· Balances team and individual responsibilities
· Adapts to changes in the work environment
· Follows instruction, responds to management direction
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· Displays willingness to make decisions
· Upholds organizational values
· Proper use of PPE and observes safety and security procedures of BYD and adhere to customer safety and procedures
· Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree (A. A.), or equivalent from two-year College, or technical school, two to six years related experience, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally may work in high precarious places.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $45.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Multiple locations