Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
As the Senior Manager of Quality Steering Factory, you will manage the overall quality steering activities and operations at the plant. You will lead a team of Managers, Quality Engineers and Group Leaders responsible for the resolution of all internal and supplier quality issues centered around the complete vehicle. In this position you will be a key influencer for the creation of a positive quality culture. This opening will be located at our Social Circle, GA facility and reports directly to the Director of Quality. Responsibilities
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to quality issues by monitoring and steering containment actions, full analysis, poka-yokes (error proofing), and implementing short-term and long-term countermeasures through collaborative teams.
- Create and maintain documentation and communicate lessons learned from quality concerns in new customer contracts.
- Establish and refine quality sign-off instructions, standards and documentation
- Implement all relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Create and present reports defining Quality metrics, problems, and solutions to key stakeholders and cross-functional partners.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Fosters a unified culture and facilitates collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information, and teamwork.
- Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
- Performs other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or other technical field of study required (or equivalent leadership and education experience)
- 10+ years' Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- 5+ years' experience in a leadership position
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS), preferably in an automotive environment
- Solid understanding of management principles such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and performance management required
- Experience building and managing a technical team through effective 1:1s, thoughtful feedback, career growth planning, and performance reviews
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to alternate between standing and walking 8-12 hours per day
- Ability to climb steps to access platforms and workstations
- Manual dexterity to grasp and manipulate materials
- Able to position one’s body to access and assemble materials (bending squatting/stooping/kneeling/reaching below waist and above shoulder).
- Ability to do work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, orders, loud noise and varying temperatures
- Ability to climb up/down ladders and stairs, negotiate uneven or moving surfaces, and work at varying heights
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.