Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The Lead, Enterprise Scheduler is responsible for implementing, managing, and maintaining schedule controls and management systems for a Rivian MSP product systems in Irvine, CA. In this role, you will use existing workflows while also creating new workflows to ensure the IMS (Integrated Master Schedule) is recorded and tracked per Rivian standards. This role demands deep understanding of Product Development Workflows, Vehicle Line Workflows and Primavera P6 as a system and tool. Rivian’s all-encompassing integrated master schedule and scheduling architecture is maintained in Primavera P6, and experience in P6 is a must. Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain enterprise level timing / schedule for Product and Vehicle lines teams
- Engage with cross functional teams to streamline schedule and progress update cycle.
- Set up project control system including planning, scheduling and monitoring.
- Plan and provide work direction as required for the preparation of planning and scheduling control systems and other practices to give Product Development and Manufacturing Engineering Teams means to evaluate and improve the efficiency of their project execution.
- Provide staff guidance in one or more areas of planning and scheduling expertise by analyzing and evaluating all pertinent data.
- Discuss, coordinate and resolve long term and short term planning and scheduling problems with personnel throughout the Company and with contractor organizations. Act as a technical consultant when required.
- Assist in the technical evaluation of contracts relative to their expertise in planning and scheduling and analyze in detail performance reports.
- Evaluate the planning and scheduling information collected from Project Management Teams or contractors and advise management of exceptions to the plan and potential corrective action and/or impact to the project.
- Experience in integration of Primavera P6 with Tableau is a plus.
- Experience with product development and lifecycle management for new product introduction is a must. (PLM – NPI)
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, and or another field of Engineering, Architecture or a related subject and a minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible construction estimating experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to communicate between internal Design, Real Estate, and Construction teams, as well as external contractors.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional departments and partners.
- High proficiency with Primavera P6 software.
- Proficient in the use of standard business software applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Capable of independent action with minimal direction while determining daily actions based on high level team goals.
- Highly effective negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of construction administration processes, including contracts, budgets, construction documents, change orders, schedules, RFIs, submittals, and material procurement.
- Proficient time management and organization skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. However, there are occasions when duties require a presence on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
- Performance of the required duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary range for Irvine, CA based applicants: $168,000-193,000 annually (Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.