Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
As an Associate Technical Writer, Collision Repair, you will use your communication skills to help create clear and concise technical documentation for collision repair on Rivian vehicles under the supervision of experience technical writers. You will be responsible for creating, updating, or revising guidelines, position statements and collision repair procedures. You will also learn from our Collison Repair Documentation Team and observe our processes and practices. This role is a great way to apply your communications degree or similar background and improve Rivian technical documentation. The Associate Technical Writer, Collision Repair will work remotely and reports directly to the Manager, Collision Operations. Responsibilities
- Collaborate to understand Rivian processes and procedures with corresponding technical writers
- Develop proficiency with technical authoring and publishing tools
- Use Jira and other tools to track, measure, and report on your tasks
- Ensure all written materials are clear, consistent, and align with company policies governing style, localization, and content reuse
- Create and maintain collision repair procedures and process documents
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of processes, standards, guidelines, templates, and internal tools
- Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position
- Recent graduate with a BS degree in communications, technical writing, or related field
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (emphasis on Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Thorough written communication skills with an eye for detail
- A keen interest in automotive technical documentation
- Willingness to learn and work closely with automotive engineering teams
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work and remain motivated in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to travel domestically (10%)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone, mouse and keyboard for an extended period of time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Ability to lift 10 lbs
Salary Range for California Based Applicants:$62,000 to $76,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Salary Range for Colorado Based Applicants: $59,000 to $67,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Salary Range for Washington State Based Applicants: $62,000 to $70,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Salary Range for New York Based Applicants: $68,000 to $76,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.