Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
As a Vehicle Detailer, you will be responsible for cleaning vehicles according to Rivian’s high standards. This role will require high levels of energy, initiative, independent judgement and cross-functional team collaboration. Must be able to complete tasks in a compressed timeline. Responsibilities
- Follow and promote Rivian's high standards of safety, cleanliness, and organization in all work areas
- Perform Pre-Delivery and post service detail inspections ensuring optimal quality control
- Clean vehicle interiors and exteriors in compliance with standard operating procedures and through use of various chemicals and products
- Ability to use special purpose cleaners or clay bars to remove foreign materials which do not respond to normal cleaning procedures, utilizing experience and following product manufacturer recommendations
- Apply compounds, polishes, waxes, and sealants to auto body and wipe or buff surfaces by hand or machine
- Ability to Color/Wet sand exterior surfaces and perform surface paint corrections as needed
- Ability to perform paint touch-up service on exterior body surfaces
- Track services performed, charge levels and overall condition of the vehicle
- Maintain inventory and re-ordering of materials and supplies
- Move and park vehicles, as well as deliver vehicles to correct locations
- Use proper personal protective equipment when using products in accordance to safety data sheets and company standards
- Operate all buffers, polishers, pressure washers, vacuums, and other equipment in an efficient and safe manner
- Ability to train colleagues and cross-functional team members in detail and car wash processes and procedures
- Work in and maintain a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Ability to perform above mentioned tasks in a mobile environment, away from service center
- Other duties assigned by management
- Prior detail or car wash experience preferred
- Minimum age of 21 and be authorized to work in the U.S
- High School diploma preferred or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to learn and perform a wide range of allocated tasks
- Excellent manual dexterity skills as well as patience to deal with high stress and high-volume situations
- Attention to detail with excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and possible holidays
- Driven and self-motivated individual, with ability to work with little or no supervision
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle
- No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License (within a 3-5year period)
- Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting up to 2 or more hours at a time, standing for up to 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, laying, twisting, carrying, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs).
- Must be able stand or walk for extended hours
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 25 pounds
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Ability to read and speak fluent English
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions or schematics
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.