Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Customer experience is at the forefront of how we create beautiful memories that our customers will love. This role requires a high level of energy, initiative, and deep understanding of the customer's journey.
As an Inside Delivery Guide, you will shepherd the customer from moment of order to moment of delivery. This position has a direct impact on experience as customers prepare to take ownership of their new vehicles. To be successful in this role, you must have a customer-first approach, thrive in ambiguous and unexpected environments, tackling all challenges with a positive mind-set and in a timely manner. We’re looking for someone who loves people and is excited to take every opportunity to over deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our Rivian customers.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include tracking and supporting the progression of your customers through transactions to prepare for delivery. You will leverage our CRM system along with our project tracking tools to ensure the customers’ readiness for delivery scheduling, providing timing updates, and following up post-delivery to ensure a positive customer experience. Responsibilities
- Supervise and oversee customer pipeline and appointment schedules to ensure a precise and streamlined delivery process.
- Provide exceptional quality of service during every interaction with our customers while paying close attention to sentiment.
- Proactively support the customer throughout the transaction process, including but not limited to financing, insurance, delivery details, and scheduling delivery
- Anticipate potential customer issues or challenges and take proactive measures to address them.
- Delivery scheduling and partnering with Field Delivery teams
- Provide post-delivery follow up for customers
- Build rapport and learn how to support each customer, meeting them where they are in their ownership journey.
- Track and follow up on any tasks that need to be completed on behalf of assigned customers to provide an exceptional purchase within SLA timeframe to meet daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly delivery targets.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to validate vehicle, customer, and deal readiness.
- Work with registration partners to stay up to date on state registration and compliance changes in order to effectively communicate registration needs to customers
- Utilize effective de-escalation techniques to diffuse tense or difficult customer interactions
- Document information and guarantee data integrity in our CRM and alternate platforms
- Fulfill additional assignments and responsibilities as instructed by the leadership team
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service or hospitality experience at a top tier, premium brand (auto or EV a plus)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support customers on nights, weekends and/or holidays; ability and willingness to travel based on business needs to support other market launches and operations
- Working knowledge with computers and software including Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to effectively navigate internal business platforms
- Proficiency in utilizing Salesforce CRM to manage customer interactions and data.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks based on level of importance and urgency
- Ability to work autonomously and consistently with limited direction
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in English, bilingual a plus
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions or schematics
- Commercial driving experience preferred; Commercial Driver's License (CDL) not required
- Ability to complete driver training/car-hauling training and a road test within the first 30 days of employment which may include winching (training provided)
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state/province of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle (or state that you are commuting daily to/from)
- Must pass Department of Transportation (DOT) Physical and Drug Test
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years; No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years; No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License within a 3-5 year period. Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state/province
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a notary license (Within the first 90 days of employment) in the state/province of your assigned work location
- Willingness to work in various working conditions including being in a full service retail center or unpredictable weather conditions
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting up to 2 or more hours at a time, standing for up to 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, laying, twisting, carrying, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50lbs).
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.