Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
NPI Material Handling Manager is the onsite leader for all material coordination, from receiving inbound shipments to warehousing, kitting and lineside supply this leader is focused on accuracy whilst operating in a fast paced, ever changing, pre-production build environment. This position is located onsite in Tustin, CA and reports to the Senior Manager of NPI Production Control. Responsibilities
- Supports and teaches all processes associated with the NPI Material Handling Group.
- Communicates between shifts, departments, and locations to implement best practices, resolve problems, and sustain consistent performance to objectives, enabling Rivian to deliver exciting next generation vehicles
- Evaluates shift quality (Warehouse targets for inventory accuracy + Kitting targets for lineside delivery) and performance levels and ensures the shift meets continuous improvement requirements.
- Evaluates bottlenecks in upstream processes and collaborates process improvement.
- Evaluates and develops countermeasures for downstream delivery issues.
- Implements and monitors the metrics for the Group and leads the tool.
- Teaches, plans, and implements the Rivian Production and Quality Network with emphasis on the five core principles.
- Coordinates operational changes with the Warehouse(s) and Pilot Assembly plant.
- Maintains housekeeping standards and applies 5S as prescribed in Lean Manufacturing
- Supports defining and utilizing appropriate inventory controls and processes.
- Ensures proper use and care of equipment, and safety.
- Responsible for implementing cross functional and job rotation training where applicable.
- Mentoring pilot production facility Material Handling Group Leaders, Material handling analysts and change coordination and others – will constantly seek operational efficiency.
- Shall Manage all direct reports, develop job duties for the organization, monitor and feedback all direct reports on a quarterly basis.
- Travel to Normal IL production facility as required.
- Degree in Supply chain operations field preferred
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP”/Inventory Management Software such as SAP Preferred
- Proficient in strategies for warehouse set up and material flow
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs. Strong leadership skills, experience managing multiple teams preferred
- Ability to set tasks and responsibilities
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude
- 3 years previous supervisory experience highly preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants:$135,000 - $155,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary:Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.