Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
As the Manager, Maintenanceyou are responsible for providing leadership through launch, including involvement in design review, critical design milestones, spare parts analysis, preventative maintenance planning, integrator installation support, support during rate of climb, and ultimately hand-off of equipment at green Safe Tag. You are responsible to build and develop the organization, including training of personnel, refining the strategy for supporting ongoing production, and establishing satellite and main maintenance outpost requirements.Further, this position will transition into the direct management of day-to-day activities of Group Leaders and Maintenance Teams. As such, it will require overseeing preventative maintenance schedules to minimize equipment downtime, maximizing throughput. You could be aligned to shop areas that include Body & Stamping, Assembly & Paint, or Battery & Drive Unit. Responsibilities
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced environment with an attitude of Compass values.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and familiarity with robotic systems and joining technology.
- Demonstrate strong communication and people management skills.
- Provide hands-on assistance and expert knowledge to team members to complete maintenance related functions.
- Assign and track all preventative maintenance activities.
- Champion the M-RIOS deployment for the area, including relentless to Time & Data Management principles and transparency for all levels.
- Oversee training and pursue ongoing development and upskilling throughout department.
- Support strategic planning through constraint analysis.
- Ensure new equipment is properly installed and that all critical documentation and processes are reviewed to support ramp and production rate.
- Create and grow a workforce that is representative of the community and diverse.
- Ability to travel off-site as needed for training and equipment buy-offs/FAT reviews.
- Ability to work weekends, off-shifts, and extended days on occasional basis.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Fosters a unified culture and facilitates collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information, and teamwork.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or 6+ years in a comparable, fast-paced manufacturing facility.
- 4+ years of experience in both plant maintenance leadership and new model launch leadership.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
- Experience building and managing a technical team through effective 1:1s, thoughtful feedback, career growth planning, and performance reviews.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to alternate between standing and walking 8-12 hours per day
- Ability to climb steps to access platforms and workstations
- Manual dexterity to grasp and manipulate materials
- Able to position one’s body to access and assemble materials (bending squatting/stooping/kneeling/reaching below waist and above shoulder).
- Ability to do work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, orders, loud noise and varying temperatures
- Ability to climb up/down ladders and stairs, negotiate uneven or moving surfaces, and work at varying heights
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.