Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
In this team role, you will be responsible for researching and writing technical documentation about Rivian hardware and software for global audiences. Your ability to work cross-functionally between engineering, software, support, and product management teams is essential. You will work alongside other writers and publication teammates to produce product guides for external audiences. You will maintain document revision control for both digital and print output across multiple languages. Learning the products deeply will allow you to ensure consistency and clarity across all documentation. Responsibilities
- Produce technical content to install and use Rivian products (hardware and software) for a variety of audiences, from vehicle owner’s guides to charging station installation guides to fleet applications
- Learn complex technical products quickly by working alongside subject matter experts
- Perform all phases of technical publication content development, including planning and research, topic architecture, writing, editing, and embedding illustrations
- Manage content through revision control, translation, and file management
- Create content that is scalable and can be easily translated into multiple languages
- Improve and maintain the documentation by continually reviewing, keeping up to date on released features
- Work with the entire team to continually improve documentation processes, quality and usability
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure consistency and transparency across all documentation
- Uphold and foster a positive work environment and a culture of collaboration
- Minimum 4+ years of technical writing experience in a complex product environment (hardware AND software)
- Experience developing content that is topic-based, structured, and uses conditions and variables to support different models and regions of product
- Exceptional proficiency in verbal and written English
- Detail oriented and investigative writing process that creates accurate, concise documentation
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex technical products quickly from subject matter experts and translate it into documentation relevant to the target audience
- Proficient in XML or HTML authoring tools such as Flare or Oxygen (experience specifically in MadCap Flare and Central a plus)
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently while meeting tight deadlines
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in an environment with competing demands
- Self-starter with an emphasis on teamwork skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- PC proficiency in MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with CMS and/or TMS a plus
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, or similar project management tools a plus
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California" Based Applicants:$105,000-$120,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary:Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.