Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The Senior Production Scheduler manages vehicle production schedules and develops a Master schedule for plant operations. This position is onsite at our manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and reports to the Production Scheduling Manager. Responsibilities
- Manages vehicle build schedule including deviations or production interruptions
- Develops and incorporates Master schedules into plant operating plan
- Coordinates the replacement orders for miss-builds and scrap units
- Assists in the option penetration forecasting
- Maintain and monitor the Vehicle Identification Number procedure
- Interfaces with sales and marketing division for (expedite requests, order changes, diversions, unique customer satisfaction issues)
- Maintains Build Sequence rules (ex: spacing, batch painting, option leveling to improve assembly productivity)
- Helps create reports to highlight plant measurables as required
- Administers the Internal Control Review Process & audits
- College degree or 3+ years of scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” within SAP highly preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Experience with MES systems and interface with MRP.
- Knowledge of scanning systems, inventory management, backflush points, receiving and shipping procedures.
- Experience formatting manifests for different build lines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.