Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
As a Sales Advisor, you are an integral member of our field Sales organization, building relationships with prospective customers and growing the Rivian community and brand. You will own the customer relationship, from qualifying leads in-store and at events to closing sales, ensuring each touchpoint of the purchase experience is highly personalized. You are passionate not only for our brand and our mission but also hungry to drive a competitive sales culture. You’re able to educate and inspire customers throughout their journey through various tools and forms of communication, i.e. in-person, demo drives, phone, text, email, etc. You’re a self-driven and results-oriented individual who is passionate about providing memorable customer experiences that drive brand loyalty, customer satisfaction, and sales conversion. Responsibilities
- Consistently achieve or exceed monthly and quarterly sales targets and other key performance indicators such as demo drive volume, pipeline management, sales conversion, take rate on trade-ins and financial solutions, customer satisfaction and NPS
- Ensure customer experience is best-in-class: authentic, engaging, educational and aligned with Rivian’s core values and culture
- Engage and qualify Rivian customers and identify their unique needs to create personalized and memorable experiences that drive conversion and customer satisfaction
- Maintain and share your in-depth knowledge of our products and services, features and benefits, and community stories to effectively guide customers in their decision-making process when considering Rivian
- Build and manage a healthy sales pipeline by establishing positive, long-term relationships with customers via high touch, responsive service
- Engage and support customers through order confirmation, following up across various stages of the sales process to drive conversion through the funnel and increase customer satisfaction, repeat business and referrals
- Host and support a variety of retail activations and experiential events to generate demand and connect with the broader Rivian community
- Study and solicit customer feedback to understand and solve for customer pain points and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Stay up to date on auto and EV competitive landscape and trends to keep a close pulse on what customers are considering and effectively build value in our products and overcome objections to purchase
- Share success strategies, best practices and continuous feedback with teammates to cultivate a culture of learning and winning together built on trust
- Perform keyholder location opening and closing duties and ensure policy & procedure are followed; duties include completing operational checklists, leading team huddles, and writing daily business recaps
- Support and motivate fellow team members by providing clear direction and feedback
- Resolve customer escalations in the moment and promptly cascade outstanding issues to the appropriate teams
- Communicate business trends and data to the leadership team with recommendations regarding areas of opportunity
- Pay close attention to customer sentiment and the quality of the service provided; coaching for exceptional performance
- Take on additional projects, duties and assignments as required and/or by request from sales leadership
- 6+ years of sales, retail, customer service or hospitality experience at a top tier, premium brand (direct to consumer, auto and or EV a plus)
- Proven track record in a high-velocity sales cycle, from prospecting to closing, in a commission-based environment
- Experience succeeding in a face-paced, dynamic start up environment with continuous iteration and changes
- Experience using CRM systems (Salesforce preferred) • Strong communication and collaboration skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support customers on nights, weekends and/or holidays
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to support events, new market launches, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) with the ability to learn new tools quickly
- Comfortable operating large, high performance vehicles and conducting demo drives with customers
- Ability to work effectively both in a team and independently
- Maintain a positive, upbeat and can-do attitude at all time
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state/province of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle (or state that you are commuting daily to/from)
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years; No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years; No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License within a 3-5 year period; Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state/province
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.