Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Remanufacturing Engineer, Drive Unit role bridges process and test engineering procedures with the technical operations teams. The Remanufacturing engineering team in Kentucky is responsible for designing and maintaining the remanufacturing capability of remanufactured products throughout the entire service lifecycle. The Technical operations team are the experts in the tools, processes, and inter-team resources needed to consistently meet Remanufacturing goals. Our Remanufacturing team members achieve success through task ownership, strong partnerships, integrity and attention to detail. The successful candidate will be highly organized, able to manage dynamic priorities and have a drive to continuously learn. Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for ensuring routine, precise completion of procedures for each workstation and for each product
- Experience working on a variety of failure analysis projects, both at a system and a component level; be able to identify the root cause of the failure and support corrective actions necessary to mitigate any future failures
- General understanding of oil scan reports and how to connect the information to individual mechanical systems
- Understanding stress, strain, cracking, fatigue, and related failure mechanisms
- Experience with high-risk specimen preparation e.g., where there's only one instance of a sample, and extraction and testing has to be done right first time to avoid destruction of evidence
- Track and maintain routine, precise operation of tools and equipment
- Actively support the development and validation of remanufacturing processes
- Perform technical analyses, document issues, prioritize and escalate to the appropriate assignee
- Accurately and clearly communicate detailed steps taken to verify issues
- Collaborate with internal engineering and test teams to clarify requirements
- Analyze test data against internal requirements and make recommendations to design teams based on findings, including troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis
- Generate test reports to document and track test results and communicate issues
- Assemble, maintain, and/or modify test equipment and data acquisition systems as needed
- Responsible for continuous improvement in the re-manufacturing process by creating new tooling, fixture and eliminate production bottlenecks
- Owns and maintains the workspace. Thorough care for tool inventory and 5S
- Comfortable working in a small-team environment where individuals are expected to fill the needs of multiple roles to ensure program success
- BS+ in an engineering or adjacent technical program and 1-3+ years working with mechanical systems, hand tools, and test equipment in a manufacturing or prototype lab environment
- Knowledge of EV powertrains and electrical systems is preferred
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical engineering drawings, including schematics, prints, layouts, and other technical documents
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills. Able to understand and record reports, procedures, and status updates
- Practical hands-on experience with transmissions, differentials, and clutches is an advantage
- Familiarity with on or offroad vehicles along with proven diagnostic experience is a plus
- Experience programming in Python and/or Labview is a benefit
- Experience with MS Office and Atlassian (Confluence and Jira) software environments
- Ability to stand for 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to lift 35lbs.
- Occasionally required to climb, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Possibly required to travel, less than 10%
- Required to communicate using phone and/or e-mail
- Ability to view, read, and interpret documents
- Ability to perform all duties in an office environment that may contain ambient noise and temperature fluctuations
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.