Nikola is lookout for someone to work with the BEV and FCEV teams as we bring our disruptive technology to market. The Project Launch Engineer will help plan, schedule, organize, direct, and control the launch deliverables on an aggressive timeline. Responsibilities
- You’ll be at the heart of the pilot launch process being the liaison between engineering and manufacturing using the resources of purchasing and logistics.
- Coordinate manufacturability specifications for feasibility and e-scalability
- Manage the pilot build inventory for use by the pilot build team
- Work with main stake holders in the completion of PFMEA, PPAP, and quality inspections
- Optimize processes for volume manufacturing
- Help push from low volume to high volume at the Nikola vehicle pilot launch team
- Proactively Identify high risk areas in manufacturing and engineering design cycle
- Identify, root cause and track issues (Working knowledge of JIRA is preferred)
- Work with design/release engineers on necessary changes through the pilot vehicle launch process
- Bachelors degree plus 5+ years of relevant experience or 10+ years experience with an Associate degree or technical training
- Proven experience tracking the progress of multiple projects.
- Experience with production capacity analysis (installed vs planned capacity, OEE, etc.)
- Experience in the Failure Analysis of Electronic Modules.
- Forward Thinking – Providing inputs on new or alternative and improved manufacturing methods.
- Excellent planning, collaboration, and facilitation skills to coordinate and leverage capabilities across a highly matrixed organization involving multiple products, channels & functions
- Experience with effective prioritization, coordination, and issue resolution
- Experience with data acquisition and analysis tools like CANalyzer, CANape, INCA, MDA
- Good communication and time management skills
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT. EEO Statement
Nikola Corporation™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.