Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
As a Field Sales Guide, you are the embodiment of the brand for our community. You will be at the forefront of how wecreate intuitive, innovative, and memorable moments that will encourage prospective customers, fans, and communitymembers. This role requires a high level of energy, initiative, and deep understanding of the customer journey.
As a Field Sales Guide, you must have a customer-first approach and thrive in ambiguous and unexpected environments,tackling all challenges with a flexible and solution-oriented mindset. You are results driven and demonstrate anunderstanding of how each interaction supports the broader customer experience, while remaining hyper focused onour company sales objectives. We are seeking engaging and enthusiastic individuals who have a passion for people,education, technology, and clean energy solutions. Responsibilities
- Deploy Rivian’s sales strategy at your location, generating demand and connecting with the broadercommunity.
- Act as a Rivian brand and product specialist, evangelizing the mission and product vision that sets us apart.
- Provide support for prospective customers, fans, friends, and Rivian owners through their respective journeyswith our brand and products.
- Manage lead engagement, qualification, capture, and scoring to shepherd prospective customers through asales pipeline.
- Manage general product support and event inquiries surrounding Vehicle Pre-Orders, Vehicle Configurations,
- Rivian Shop Orders, Retail Store Support, Demo Drive Scheduling, and additional support and pre-sales andownership scope as assigned.
- Engage with customers, asking open-ended questions to understand needs and recommend suitable productsand services.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date customer records in the CRM system.
- Accountable to KPIs that involve number of customer contacts handled, SLA responses, lead captures, demodrives scheduled, and any other goals that ensure the collective success of Rivian.
- Ensure customer experience is best-in-class: authentic, engaging, educational and aligned with Rivian’s corevalues and culture
- Perform day to day operational duties, back of house upkeep, food & beverage support, shipping and receivingduties, general space upkeep, cleaning duties, and building or maintaining visual displays, and events asnecessary.
- Uphold the operational framework, best practices, and playbooks to deliver the best experience possible to ourcommunity members and team
- Take on additional projects, duties and assignments as required and/or by request from the field leadership
- 2 years of experience in customer service required; field marketing, sales, education, or hospitality environmentpreferred
- At least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support customers on nights, weekends and/or holidays; ability andwillingness to travel based on business needs to support other market launches and operations
- Experience using POS and CRM (ex. Salesforce)
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle (or statethat you are commuting daily to/from) and possess an exceptional driving record; If driver’s license isn’t in theappropriate state, you must be eligible to obtain one within the first 60 days of employment
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years; No more than 1 serious moving violation in thelast 3 years; No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License within a 3-5 year period. Will besubject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Comfortable operating large, high performance vehicles and conducting demo drives with customers.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and engaging customer interaction style
- Ability to understand and articulate concepts in the technology and automotive space
- Resilience and ability to overcome objections using active listening and critical thinking
- Ability to multi-task while providing exceptional quality of work
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in English, additional languages a plus
- Ability to learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing timelines
- An obsessive approach to elevating the customer experience and commitment to taking every opportunity toover-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration whilemanaging multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Willingness to work in various working conditions including being in a full service retail center or unpredictableweather conditions
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting up to 2 or more hours at a time,standing for up to 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, laying, twisting, carrying, reaching,stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50lbs).
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writingcommunications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Strong understanding of written and spoken English
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating andmaintenance instructions or schematics
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.