We are seeking a Data Engineer who will be responsible for architecting, designing, and integrating an automated data and analytics pipeline for Nikola’s ADAS/AD Team. You will be championing the journey of data creation to data analysis and usage in ADAS development.
You will have full autonomy to strategize your roadmap, architect state of the art data pipelines, and deliver innovative solutions. Your internal customers will utilize this state-of-the-art platform to perform advanced analytics and to develop world-class ADAS products for the Nikola customers.
- Build Data pipelines
- Own the Data Strategy for the ADAS group
- Help use data to analyze and develop state of the art ADAS features that have never been done on Class 8 vehicles
- Years of experience: 5+
- Strong experience in building exploratory data analysis (EDA) API/tools for visualizing and monitoring the analytics from time-series database systems
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL, Python, and working with very large time-series data sets in a distributed computing framework
- Demonstrated experience creating automated data analytics tools, automated jobs/processes, and dashboards
- Proficiency with version control systems - GIT/SVN, and working knowledge of project management tools JIRA/JAMA
- Familiarity of ADAS systems, physical vehicle test data, CAN-based data loggers and supporting analysis of the test data
- Working knowledge with cloud-based time-series stream processing systems
- Knowledgeable with data compression and storage optimization techniques
- Experience with machine learning frameworks and libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn)
- Experience with machine learning dataset cleaning, labeling, and organization
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT. EEO Statement
Nikola Corporation™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.