You’re passionate about a zero-emissions future and want to build something special. You want to own your space, but work with talented, like-minded people on important projects. The pace doesn’t scare you, it excites you. Quality and integrity matter to you.
We feel the same way.
Drive Forward. Introduce yourself to us and start a conversation.
We are currently on the lookout for Process Engineer who will report to the Engineering Manager. The focus will be to develop and implement world class assembly processes to build world class electric vehicles including our Class 8 trucks. This is a high focus and demanding position that will require an individual that can work to represent the production operator as the vehicle is designed. Must have good visual knowledge of how things go together. Responsibilities
- Directly interface with Product Designers and Sustaining Engineers to suggest improvements to existing vehicle designs to aid in manufacturability.
- Develop and improve Assembly / Manufacturing processes based on manufacturing best practices.
- Perform all necessary PFMEA and required control plans based on known DFMEA and Process definitions.
- Ensure assembly processes support the production operator for ergonomics, efficiency, and quality.
- Develop system layouts (factory flow).
- Perform line balancing activities based on standard time data that supports production cycle times.
- Create and sustain work instructions in MES to support production operations including quality care points, traceability, and torque recording.
- Sustain all tooling and equipment lists and technical specifications for all operator hand tools, power tools, fixtures, assembly aids, and major equipment.
- Work with vendors to design manufacturing equipment and vendors to support volume increases, process optimization, and continual improvement.
- Focus on lean systems and methods for manufacturing; value added operations, minimize waste, short production systems, small lot material strategies, focus on the operator and safety.
- Develop common manufacturing requirements documents and help create standard tool libraries.
- Support product design reviews and process virtual build reviews for new programs providing feedback based on production learnings.
- Implement engineering deviations and waivers to ensure proper production builds.
- Support/Create Simulation Builds and 3D simulations.
- Develop proper error proofing (poka yoke) systems with focus on design before process solutions.
- Flexible to support travel for product development reviews (minimum 20%)
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering; Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical
Automotive experience with; HD trucks (class 6-8) or battery electric vehicles (BEV) preferred.
• Must be self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve, learn and provide creative solutions.
Experience using CAD.
• Proficiency in CATIA V5/V6 is a plus.
• Working knowledge of automotive assembly process and constraints
• Demonstrate an ability to manage complex projects with tight timing constraints, providing examples of such scenarios throughout career.
• Effective problem solver with knowledge and experience utilizing structured problem-solving methodology and experience introducing new products.
• Physical stamina to (including but not limited to) stand, kneel, bend, push, pull, reach, grip, lift
• Project launch experience from initial concept to final production
• Exceptional organizational ability with good follow up skills and attention to details is a must.
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.
#LI-AH1 EEO Statement
Nikola Corporation™ is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.