Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
In this role you will work in collaboration with feature engineering and help guide the development process & bug triage to ensure overall quality metrics are satisfied and explore opportunities for feature improvements to help achieve our goal of delivering world class products! Responsibilities
- Collaborate cross functionally with multiple software teams & feature engineering teams to root cause vehicle and system level software defects from multiple sources (Including internal and external customer facing issues
- Ensure bug reports have sufficient information for diagnosis and prioritization, including severity, customer impact, reproducibility, ownership, etc.
- Identify trends for issues on per component and per release basis and create KPI’s and dashboards by working in conjunction with the Cloud and Data team
- Provide visibility into the latest ticket status and highlight items that appear to have stalled
- Work with cross-functional teams and other Technical Program Managers to ensure timely delivery of software fixes, including but not limited to software application, integration, system test, security, and hardware teams
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 6years of professional experience in Software Development
- Systems engineering experience in relation to automated driving and active safety hardware / software development / integration
- Experienced with defect management and working with cross-functional teams in a Product / Feature development environment
- Experience with data analytics in relation to features validation and evaluation of trends to drive quality metrics and highlight potential opportunities of improvement
- Ability to read and understand code (Matlab/Simulink, C/C++, Python, and SQL)
- Experienced with management tools such as Jira, Confluence, JAMA, etc
- Experience with Vector tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, etc)
- Understanding / knowledge of active safety as well as L1/L2+ autonomous vehicle systems / features
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work with ambiguity and be self-motivated
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and continuous integration concepts for developing and implementing software
- Need to have a valid driver's license and should be able to drive on occasion
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: [$163,000.00 - $188,000.00] (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.