Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Experiential Marketing & Community Engagement is at the forefront of how Rivian creates intuitive, innovative, and beautiful moments that our customers will love. We are responsible for developing and executing our vision to drive brand engagement, community engagement, and customer loyalty through unique virtual and physical experiences. We strive to understand and anticipate community needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform our products and experiences. We do this working cross-functionally to create and execute experiential marketing campaigns, partnerships, and experiences that set us apart in our industry. Through vehicle exposure and in real-life experiences, these connections provide Rivian with unique exposure to cohorts who can unlock valuable product insights and see our vehicles socialized more broadly beyond our existing community. The team will focus on top-of-funnel brand awareness with eyes on near-term needs as its north star.
The Partnership Marketing Lead will oversee the development of strategic relationships that will generate symbiotic engagements between Rivian and other experiential marketing agencies, event producers, drive experiences, brands, and influencers. This person will also focus on opportunities to partner with entities that can support Rivian’s desire to activate drives in contextual settings sought after by customers. Reporting to the Head of Partnerships & Sponsorships you will develop meaningful relationships in the automotive space that generate opportunities for short and medium turn placements of Rivian’s products in the appropriate ecosystems. You will identify the slate of campaign driven and adjacent events Rivian’s events team should consider, content opportunities that should be pitched to Rivian’s Creative and Social Media teams, and the partners with whom we should collaborate in this channel. The end goal is product placement in contextually relevant locations, increased brand awareness through partnership, and collaborations that demonstrate the power and relevance of Rivian’s products. Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively to establish the vision and strategic direction for your industry (auto/outdoor/leisure & entertainment/consumer retail) engagements with Rivian, inclusive of shows, clubs, and EV concepts across North America
- Demonstrate innovation through arrangements that position Rivian products in aspirational settings where customers and fans may be in the market for a new vehicle
- Develop a vehicle loan strategy that ladders into Rivian’s greater fleet management structure
- Build a vetting framework, approval process, and budget tracker that is repeatable
- Work collaboratively to animate each partnership across Comms, Social, Digital, and Community Engagement in order to drive greater value where feasible
- Support project management for activations where necessary, in conjunction with Rivian’s Events team
- Develop shared production and execution plans where Rivian is called to join in event activations
- Manage relationships with vendors transparently and document engagements on team pages to drive more creativity, collaboration, and accountability across focus areas of Marketing
- Develop relationships that increase Rivian’s brand awareness, lead generation, and where possible drives (especially contextual drives)
- Connect partners to the business as necessary in order to amplify the joint nature of alignment
- Deliver consistent, monthly activations across a vetted and approved number of partners
- Negotiate partner terms, vet them with leadership, and align to them with legal, finance and other required teams
- Track events, participants, and other KPIs on a per event basis; report weekly/monthly/quarterly in order to track progress toward overall team KIPs
- Collaborate with Rivian’s Learning and Development team (L&D) to develop training/learning and development plans for partner onboarding and support
- 7+ years of experience designing partnership programming and activations with other brands.
- Experience managing partner relationships in a growth marketing setting in one or more of the following areas: auto/outdoor/leisure & entertainment/consumer retail
- Experience driving performance through clear KPIs.
- Demonstrate superior knowledge and understanding of program management with the ability to identify and impact strategies, productivity, and efficiencies relative to key initiatives.
- A proven background in operations, playbook design, and program evaluation.
- Understanding of deal structure and partnership contracts and negotiations.
- Love for people and commitment to taking every opportunity to overdeliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community through partnership channels.
- Excellent grammar/proofreading skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced environment, and adapt to changing timelines. Ability to prioritize, interact with executive and high touch customers/Rivian business partners.
- Great judgement.
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $150,000-$173,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.