Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
In this position, you will work within the Lighting Technical Program Management Team to lead the development and delivery of the Lighting components and systems on future production vehicle programs. You will lead and drive all key metrics (cost, timing, functionality), lead design and interface discussions with Studio, CMF, & UI/UX teams, lead integration discussions with Software, Controls, & LVE teams, lead integration discussions for crash & serviceability with architecture, studio engineering, packaging & safety teams, and lead and coordinate issue resolution. You will work closely with key support functions (Purchasing, Manufacturing, Finance, Quality) on design & commercialization of products and define priorities for the engineering team based on program initiatives and product roadmap and goals. You will also help ensure all Lighting components meet the vehicle requirements and assist engineers with solving and managing cross-functional issues. Responsibilities
- Main point of contact for program team to manage issues and relay key program information to the Lighting team. (Key interface between lighting team and program)
- Lead and coordinate issue resolution (RCs), change management (CRs/CAs), deviations (Concessions), and larger program changes (PCCRs)
- Pull together teams and drive decisions through the Rivian decision making process
- Lead development timing plans for the Lighting system, communicating timing objectives, risks, and critical dependent paths to the team and other stakeholders
- Lead and drive key performance metrics of piece cost, investment, mass, timing, feature functionality, perceived quality, and issue/change management at each stage of projects,
- Lead the implementation of plans to ensure on-time delivery of parts to Mule and pre-production builds, establishing and implementing recovery plans as needed
- Lead cross-functional issue resolution on-site at development & launch locations
- Support engineering team to ensure issues are identified, escalated, containments implemented, root cause analysis completed, and permanent resolutions implemented in a timely manner
- Support and track timing aspects including supplier sourcing, surface release timing, engineering release, tooling lead times, part quality maturation lead times
- Ensure Lighting team is delivering to the vehicle specification book, features & options list, and Color & Material specifications
- Champion simultaneous engineering across the business, ensuring all stakeholders are involved in timely decision making to support on-time engineering release
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to identify cross functional interdependencies and ensure on-time project delivery, establishing and implementing recovery plans as needed
- Exhibit “Rivian Compass” in everything you do
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years’ experience of Automotive product development, ideally in Vehicle Lighting
- Prior experience in program management with experiencing at least 1 vehicle launch
- Basic knowledge in operating CAD systems, preference towards CATIA experience
- The ability to multitask with multiple tasks & projects to meet tight deadlines
- First-class communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across multiple sites & time zones
- Comfortable presenting both program details as well as technical details and high-level information to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent time management skills
- Basic knowledge of materials, processes, & technologies used to deliver engineering content is preferred
- A system-based approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement is essential
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems using a first-principal approach
- Travel Requirements: Need to be flexible on travel based on production support and priorities
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.