Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
In this role you will lead the Validation of a current or future model over its entire development cycle, starting from concept development through final sign-off and start of deliveries. Responsibilities
- Engineering Critical Path – develop validation plans that are integrated into program timelines with a clearly defined critical path. Ensure plan execution while actively de-risking the critical path.
- Risk Management – work with the teams across the business to identify program risks, develop mitigation plans, and escalate before risks are realized. Communicate with leadership and ensure alignment on the way forward.
- Issue Management – Provide a forum for engineers to identify design issues. Evaluate findings and assess their impact on validation plans. Help engineering teams track and resolve issues throughout the life of the program.
- Scope Management – understand program goals and content and decompose them into validation plans. Assess the impact of scope changes to the program and be the voice of validation activity to the business on the feasibility of changes.
- Budget Management – own the program test budget and collaborate with engineering functions to minimize cost. Develop long-term strategies to reduce expenditures and reliance on physical assets.
- Technical Integration at all levels – Bring teams together to facilitate cross-collaboration, negotiate trade-offs, and escalate issues to leadership.
- Passion for the environment and for the development of cutting-edge technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Aerospace, Software, Electrical or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience in product development.
- A track record of successfully delivering large scale, complex, cross-functional and capital-intensive projects.
- The ability to challenge existing assumptions, concepts, and beliefs to develop new methods.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence, inspire and build a culture that comes together to over deliver.
- Understanding of engineering theory, manufacturing techniques and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical systems from both a hardware and software perspective.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams, general schematics, and interact with CAD software.
- Ability to travel as needed to support the program – up to 10% of the time.
- Experience with autonomous vehicle computer systems, sensors, vehicle integration, and software (preferred).
- Familiarity with Systems Integration: ECU network architecture, EV powertrains, and supporting systems (preferred).
- Experience with Requirements Management software (preferred).
- Experience with Issue Tracking and Documentation software(preferred).
Salary range for California Based Applicants: $168,000-$193,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.