Ford’s Model E team is charged with delivering the company’s vision of a fully electric transportation future. Model e is customer-obsessed, entrepreneurial, and data-driven and is dedicated to delivering industry-leading customer experience for electric vehicle buyers and owners. You’ll join an agile team of doers pioneering our EV future by working collaboratively, staying focused on only what matters, and delivering excellence day in and day out. Join us to make positive change by helping build a better world where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams.
In this position...
- Utilizing an entrepreneurial spirit in developing manufacturing systems to be part of our team delivering on Ford's goal of capacitizing for 2,000,000 EVs by 2026.
- You have the chance to be part of our team to open new highways with our next generations propulsion systems.
- You will be engineering some of the largest and most technologically advanced battery manufacturing plants in North America. An opportunity to innovate and experience the rapid and dynamic growth, while helping the environment.
What you'll do...
- Be responsible for runoff, delivery, and launch of new/re-tooled equipment to support new programs.
- Follow quality processes such as Reconciliation Matrix/Control Plan, SCCAF, Process Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (PFMEA), and Error Proofing.
- Implement standardized engineered solutions for manufacturing equipment, prioritizing ergonomics, safety, productivity, and process conformity.
- Ensure compliance with Ford safety regulations and industry standards for battery manufacturing.
- Travel to domestic and international manufacturing facilities to collaborate with team members, oversee vendor runoff, and in-plant runoff.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related Science field
- 1-2 years of experience in large scale manufacturing
- Proactive and adaptable mindset, with the ability to thrive in a dynamic and evolving industry, embracing new technologies and processes
- Strong attention to detail in fast-paced manufacturing
Even better, you may have...
- Master's degree in Engineering or related Science field
- 3-5 years of experience in battery manufacturing with specific experience in electrode, cell assembly or formation, aging and test
- Experience with manufacturing processes for electrode, cell assembly or formation, including design, testing, and documentation
- Knowledge of battery chemistry and electrical systems related to the specific area of expertise
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills related to the specific area of expertise
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously related to the specific area of expertise
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills related to the specific area of expertise
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations for battery manufacturing related to the specific area of expertise
- Frequent travel, approximately 50% of the time, domestically and internationally, is required for this role
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
- Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
- Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
- Tuition assistance
- Established and active employee resource groups
- Paid time off for individual and team community service
- A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here
Visa sponsorship is available for this position
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.