The Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) Powertrain Engineering team is looking for qualified candidates to perform powertrain calibration duties on BEV applications. Ford Calibrators work in a team environment to deliver production ready powertrain calibrations on time with efficiency and quality. Responsibilities include analytical calibration and analysis in addition to laboratory and in vehicle development at testing facilities in Michigan, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, and Canada.Responsibilities:
- Analytical and in Vehicle Drivability, Thermal, Climate, or Diagnostic Powertrain Calibration
- Evaluate and assess vehicle attributes in vehicle, at dynamometer test cells, environmental test cells, and at various testing locations in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, and Michigan
- Modify vehicle and powertrain control calibrations to improve performance, efficiency, range, charging, climate, drivability, and diagnostics.
- Design and conduct tests to validate performance, efficiency, range, charging, climate, drivability, and diagnostics
- Review warranty data to identify emerging trends and develop corrective actions
- Willingness to travel – up to 20% domestic/international travel required
- B.S. Engineering (BSME or BSEE)
- 2+ years experience with Calibration Tools including ETAS and/or ATI, and Matlab
- Valid Driver’s License required
- MSME or MSEE
- Hybrid Powertrain Calibration Experience preferred
- Strong statistical knowledge
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to read and understand Simulink flow diagrams and C programming source code
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- MIchigan-based position currently supportive of a hybrid (onsite/remote) work arrangement, subject to change based on department work requirements.
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
- Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
- Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
- Tuition assistance
- Established and active employee resource groups
- Paid time off for individual and team community service
- A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.