The Electrical Engineer's responsibilities include providing technical guidance for production troubleshooting. The following job description represents a multi-skilled job classification of an Electrical Engineer.
- Hands-on Update firmware onto coach and bus, electrical repair or assembly experience
- Understanding of electronics and their relationship to software, firmware.
- Read and create wiring diagram and schematics use AutoCAD.
- Work with vendors to find solutions and suitable products
- Communicate with other team members to coordinate the following projects
- Work on the improvement and development of electrical vehicles
- Develop specifications and test requirements for product design.
- Analyze design reliability, serviceability and manufacturability.
- Perform engineering duties at customer sites, or off site when required.
- Create BOM and oversee creation of drawings to support new design.
- If needed, be able to travel to customer’s site for troubleshooting
- Provide support to other departments such as Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and Customer Service.
- Recommend improvements to engineering policies and establish new procedures as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement to electrical best practices by evaluating industry tools and techniques, collaborating with the Electrical and Software Engineering team to discuss implementation.
- Maintain an awareness of how assigned tasks impact schedule, scope, budget, and quality at every stage of development, from concept to end of life.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- A strong understanding of electronics and their relationship to software, firmware.
- A track record of success in learning, leveraging, and integrating proven technologies into new products to solve challenging problems.
- Understanding of functions and topology of electronic units inside electric vehicles such as high voltage batteries, BMS, Inverters, chargers and DC/DC AC/DC converters
- Previous experience in sensing and control systems.
- Previous experience in CAN bus, I2C/USB and Wireless communication protocols.
- Ability to work with Labview software and develop monitoring software for electrical vehicle units.
- Previous experience in engineering software designing tools Altium, Autocad and NX Unigraphics.
- Hands-on electrical repair or assembly experience.
- Proven teamwork, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A firm knowledge of electrical product safety
- Ability to work use Multi-meter, Oscilloscope.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability