Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Method, process tool development and training for conceptual design development, detailed design, and production release. Responsibilities
- Lead overall process for new method identification and development to ensure clear and cohesive methods across all vehicle commodities
- Develop, test and implement new methods
- Create and deliver training material
- Interface with PLM, IT, Manufacturing and Engineering to ensure end to end efficiency
- Develop efficiencies for:
- Coordination of geometry progression
- Creation of CAD surfaces and solids, GD&T, and fastening design using Catia V6.
- System, subsystem, and component information management in the Enovia PLM and Catia V6 environment.
- Ensuring all geometric requirements for milestone delivery are analyzed and met.
- Enable effective communications with Studio, Packaging, Advanced Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supplier activities to deliver optimal design solutions.
- Be a champion of innovative design across the vehicle and collaboration across company activities.
- Support and champion the development of best practices for design and engineering.
- 3 plus years of experience in Engineering design and Release
- Applied experience in the automotive design and development process, system requirements, and engineering best practices.
- Experience in method and process development and training
- Experience in the production part release process.
- High level of expertise and proficiency with Catia, Enovia, or similar tools including drawing and modeling practices and methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and other information management tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a high performing team.
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for exceptional delivery execution and continuous improvement.
- Working Hours - Full time
- Travel Requirements of Position - None
Salary Range for California-Based Applicants: $121,000 - $139,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.