Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
NPI Material Warehouse Associates run our warehousing operations. From dock door to vehicle aligned kitting cart/line side consumption bin, our warehouse associates are responsible for all material transactions & movements. This position is onsite in Irvine, CA and reports to the NPI Material Handling Group Leader. Responsibilities
- Receive and process merchandise which includes, but is not limited to, picking, packing, preparing orders to be shipped, and loading and unloading trailers
- Support business operations by ensuring inventory and orders are accurately audited, processes, assembled, efficiently packed, and shipped
- Identify inventory concerns based on quantity or quality discrepancies
- Provide input into safety, quality, and throughput opportunities
- Understand and utilize standard work
- Maintain the proper use of equipment
- Assist in processing returns through SAP
- Operate several types of powered equipment (forklift, stock chaser, reach truck, etc.)
- Support general material handling request from leadership and team members
- Participate in group efforts to foster an environment based on continuous improvement
- Associates will be cross-trained to perform a variety of functions in various departments to support business and operational needs
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience
- 6+ months experience as a Warehouse Associate or Material Handler in a high-volume Warehouse or Distribution Center
- Previous forklift experience preferred
- Ability to understand tasks and responsibilities
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Understanding and compliant to PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) guidelines
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day
- Frequent use of hands to handle materials up to 50 lbs.
- Required to stoop and kneel to retrieve materials up to 50 lbs. under select racking or floor pile locations • Required to communicate using telephone or email
- Ability to view, read, and interpret documents, safety rules, and standard operating procedures
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform all duties in the warehouse that may contain dust, high noise, hot and cold weather
- Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $25.00/hour (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
- Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.