Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
In this unique leadership role you will lead a team to set up and oversee Manufacturing Operations projects from concept through launch. This will include projects across the factory including Battery, Drive Unit, Stamping, Body-Weld, Paint, Plastics, General Assembly, and more. In this role you will be a part of developing the structure of the entire process for our new Factory in Georgia. The opening will be based out of our plant in Social Circle, Georgia and reports directly to the VP Manufacturing, Operations. Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate records, create reports, and compile data related to manufacturing processes, ensuring the information is organized and easily accessible.
- Supervise the coordination of manufacturing projects by monitoring timelines, tracking progress, and ensuring adherence to deadlines.
- Collaborate with manufacturing teams from a variety of backgrounds to define and establish best practices and standards.
- Create and maintain a development roadmap for your area.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements to facilitate the project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions to key stakeholders and crossfunctional partners.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
- Fosters a unified culture and facilitates collaboration, cooperation, sharing of information, and teamwork.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering or related fields that imparts strong analytical and communications skills.
- 5+ years experience in a leadership position.
- 3+ Project Management years experience, preferably in the automotive or manufacturing operations environment.
- 5+ years in an Operations Environment
- Approach challenges from a strategic perspective, reframing problems, seeking regular feedback, effectively communicating with all stakeholders, and ensuring accountability among all parties involved.
- Strong problem-solving skills are critical to help guide operations teams on the floor through the process and build problem solving capabilities.
- Experience working in and/or developing production systems in an OEM setting is highly preferred.
- Hands-on experience leading projects and processes involving cross functional teams.
- Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Certifications in Project Management Methodology, Lean, and Six-Sigma (Green Belt Minimum) preferred.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to analyze data and create reports using Power Bi, Tableau, or other data visualization software.
- Travel expectations of up to 25%.
- Experience building and managing a team through effective 1:1s, thoughtful feedback, career growth planning, and performance reviews.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.