Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The Program Construction Director is a key member of the Facilities leadership team serving as site representative and responsible for the administration of assigned portions of a major and complex manufacturing facility in Stanton Springs, GA. The Program Construction Director may also perform administrative and specialized technical work in reviewing and coordinating approvals of documents related to professional consultant services. Responsibilities
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide guidance to and coordinate efforts of the planning, design, and construction management activities, assigned personnel and subconsultants within a multiple phased construction project environment
- Executes standardized procedures for monitoring the progression of planning, design, and construction phases
- Monitors project and staff to ensure that projects are progressing according to established procedures and cost, time, and quality objectives
- Interfaces with project designers and contractors
- Prepares reports for VP, Facilities and senior leadership team indicating procedure adherence and project progress.
- Ensures periodic inspection of construction activities and compiles and/or reviews noncompliance reports as appropriate.
- Ensures that contractors are in compliance with project plans and specifications.
- Monitors quality of work performance by contractors and quality of materials used on-site
- Evaluates progress of project to determine if time schedules and cost objectives are being met
- Assists in change order and claims process with contracted parties and ensures sound contract management practices are employed
- Strives to ensure project time and cost objectives are met
- Implements and follow Quality Assurance / CXa Program procedures
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong technical skills
- Knowledge of construction methods, means and procedures
- Knowledge of computer systems and their applications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responsive to changing demands
- Forward thinking
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Certified Construction Manager (CMAA) strongly preferred
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.