Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment, and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, and innovate are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
Seeking an experienced Manager, Human Resources leader with a minimum of 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate should be comfortable collaborating with c-level executives, managers, foreign nationals, and external corporate partners. This will be a supervising role developing policy, SOPs, managing workflow and team members. This position is remote and WFH permitted.
- Oversee all necessary paperwork, employee communications, benefits maintenance, leave tracking, management reports, workers compensation claims.
- Work collaboratively with the facility to improve business results and meet objectives.
- Establishes and maintains favorable and effective relationships with management and employees to promote the use of available services and provides assistance in identifying and resolving work performance problem. Motivates supervisors and management to ensure consistent, equal and fair treatment of all employees.
- Ensures facility is compliant to all federal, state and local employment and safety regulations.
- Steer HR related projects and initiatives throughout the year.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Develop labor policies.
- Handle grievance procedures.
- Manage dispute resolutions involving management, employees, etc.
- If needed, ensure HR Staff is knowledgeable about union contract compliance.
- Advise, when applicable, management on contract negotiations and similar management-inion relations.
- Consult HR Staff regarding personnel policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus.
- Experience with employee relations, investigations, and recommended courses of action
- Experience managing complex issues and relaying those concepts to stakeholders.
- Familiarity with HRIS Systems and strong Microsoft Office skills
- Must be able to “hit the ground running.”
- Expertise navigating HRIS
- Experience with employee relations
- Ability to prioritize workload according to client needs and timelines
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written are a must
- Reliability, teamwork and professionalism towards clients and co-workers
- Ability to verbally articulate clearly and concise ideas to all stakeholders
- High EQ necessary
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (214) 529-8055 or email us at email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)