Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The Rivian Supply Chain team is looking for highly motivated and exceptional Supply Chain Engineering professionals to bring Rivian’s engineered products to life. In this role, the Manager will be responsible for leading a team of Engineers to develop “One Pick – One Touch – One Motion” manufacturing presentation through small lot, high frequent deliveries. Create and implement a material flow optimization strategy that drives waste back through the value stream. In our team, we expect our people to own every aspect of the engineering process, from concept design to successful implementation and everything in between. This position will be located onsite at our production facility in Normal, IL and will report directly to the Senior Manager of Material Flow Engineering. Responsibilities
• Develop strategies to reduce the plant’s Total Delivery Cost through lean continuous flow and frugal / creative automation. Qualifications
• Led the implementation of a progress-based pull system to synchronize all last mile and internal material flow processes.
• Implement world-class Jidoka kitting and sequencing systems that utilize PtL, Andon, CoBots, and karakuri.
• Lead takt change and minor / major model launch activities for material handling.
• Lead, coach, mentor, and develop team.
• Complete projects on schedule and within annual expense / capital budgets.
• Provide direction to analyze production issues, propose countermeasure, and issue resolution for material flow.
• Responsible for and ensure safety, quality, cost, timing & throughput targets are achieved on all projects.
• 5+ years of management experience in automotive or Tier 1 with emphasis in Logistics, Transportation, Operations, Supply Chain or related field.
• BS/BA in Logistics, Operation, Supply, or equivalent work experience required
• Intermediate or above knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
• Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
• Ability to create and present summary reports.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.