Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
In this possition, you will be responsible for the international accounting and controlling related tasks such as month end close, regulatory filings and internal reportings, coordination of local and international teams and external parties, processes and controls improvemnets and optimization, ensuring quality and timelines of operations to support business growth. The role will be located in our Belgrade Hub, and report to the International Accounting Director. Responsibilities
- Lead accounting responsibilities for foreign entities including the financial close process for all US and International entities on a monthly and quarterly basis in tight coordination with the US team.
- Ensure reports and documentation comply with company SOX regulations, professional standards, and GAAP reporting guidelines.
- Design and manage Operational risk events.
- Work cross functionally across the company to improve and optimize system flows, processes and controls, including manual to automated processes, training and change management.
- Provide support for the annual financial statement audit, as well as periodic internal audits.
- Work cross functionally with procurement, finance, accounts payable and other relevant stakeholders to maintain strong end to end processes.
- Help lead the implementation of best practices for accounting to scale the team with the growth of the business and revenue streams.
- Develop the Controllers and Accounting team and support their growth and professional development.
- Prepare and review materials for internal and external reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Participate and/or lead special projects as the business identifies and requires and provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed.
- CPA/ACCA licensed, with degree in accounting or related field.
- 9+ years of relevant work experience; public accounting and/or industry.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Experience with advanced ERPs (preferably SAP).
- Ability to be nimble and comfortable working in an agile and international environment.
- Demonstrated international experience working and managing cross-functional and cross-regional teams, preferably an offshore accounting operation serving a US company experience.
- Good project management skills and comfortable with multitasking with ability to manage multiple priorities by identifying and engaging appropriate associates to deliver under given time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to conquer the ambiguous – taking complex problems and breaking them down to create feasible solutions.
- Excellent people management skills, including proven ability to develop and inspire a team by empowering decision making at all levels, offering frequent opportunities to develop and encourage feedback.
- Highly productive and motivated with a solid work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- High sense of accountability for yourself and the team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts in a concise, well-organized manner.
- Desire to develop, implement and maintain process and control improvements.
- Problem-solving oriented and can-do mindset.
- Continue to ask “why” we do things the way we do and bring your unique perspective to the table to continuously improve our current processes.
- A good attitude with a focus on keeping life adventurous.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.