Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
You’ll work with a team of top-notch engineers and scientists to root cause and solve complex noise, vibration, and harshness issues in the field and deliver a world-class customer experience for NVH. Responsibilities
- Investigate, measure, and characterize NVH issues across the entire vehicle – road, wind, powertrain, thermal systems, brake noise, squeak and rattle, component sound quality.
- Compile field and service data into a comprehensive understanding of NVH issues that have field exposure, provide pareto of top issues that need addressing.
- Investigate and establish root cause for a wide range of NVH issues. Brainstorm and trial countermeasures to improve performance to within target.
- Engage with design, manufacturing, and service teams to drive product improvements for NVH.
- Use a broad range of experimental tools and methods to solve unique NVH problems in pace with a rapid development process.
- Create the foundation for an amazing customer experience in Rivian products.
- MS/PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related field with a strong emphasis on analytical and data analysis
- 3-6 years of experience with NVH instrumentation and measurement methodologies – LMS Test.Lab and/or Head Acoustics Artemis (preferred)
- 3-6 years of NVH experience, (automotive industry preferred)
- Experience with NVH experimental practices – modal analysis, operating deflection shape analysis, transfer path analysis, partial coherence, etc.
- Applicable vehicle NVH experience – road, wind, powertrain, thermal systems, squeak and rattle, sound quality (preferred)
- Strong familiarity with measurement hardware: accelerometers, microphones, proximity probes, thermocouples, strain gauges, laser vibrometer, etc.
- Familiarity with vehicle CAN bus and vehicle audio systems a plus
- Interest in working on a unique team with diverse technical backgrounds to create a unique customer experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills, especially with respect to prototype vehicle hardware
- Comfortable being hands-on
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain complex concepts to non-NVH teammates
- Passion for building an amazing product
- Ability to travel up to 20% to support off site testing as necessary
Salary Range Palo Alto-Based Applicants:$130,000 -$150,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, and other factors permitted by law).
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.