About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.Role Overview
We’re looking for an Interior Designer
to join our growing team of creative visionaries. Be open to go beyond traditional automotive design and move into the next level of defining the future of automotive interiors. You’ll have the opportunity to create the new interior design concepts for coming show and production vehicles and be responsible for taking interiors from research and early concept stage, to 3D surfacing, clay modeling, prototyping and into production. Our ideal candidate is inspired by the future of car design and technology and passionate about creating groundbreaking, futuristic automotive designs.
When applying please add link to your Digital portfolio (PDF) and/or portfolio.Responsibilities
Required Education And Experience
- Hands-on interior designer with digital skills in Adobe Suite, (Photoshop/ Illustrator), Alias and VRED/KeyShot knowledge is a plus. Support modelers with clear visual and verbal direction in the creation of digital & physical models and CG renderings.
- Demonstrate a true understanding of the subtleties of 3D surface and translation of a 2D sketch into reality.
- Design and follow the development of entire automotive interior from early concept. sketch through to production including working on interior details in combination with UI/UX.
- Must be able to work on details to create innovative design solutions for steering wheels, switches, displays and other product inspired features within the interior.
- Perform all trend research, benchmarking and design exploration for new vehicle interiors.
- Work closely within the design team to support studio during engineering, manufacturing and supply chain interactions in cross-functional teams for implementation of interior design for production vehicles.
- Produce professional interior design presentations.
- Stay current with latest trends in automotive exterior and interior design as well as consumer electronics, product, fashion, architectural and related design field.
- BS, BFA, MS or MFA in product/transportation design with a focus on interiors.
- Passion for automotive design/automotive interior design.
- Knowledge of current automotive design trends and technology.
- Forward, innovative thinking for future vehicles.
- Professional, motivated and pro-active working attitude.
- Ability to travel and ability to show passion and dedication to learn and integrate into a modern flexible work schedule.
- Highly skilled in 2D/3D digital programs: Photoshop or equivalent.
- Starting immediately
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Fisker Inc.’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.