Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The main objective of the pilot general assembly team is to deliver test assets to various teams and verify the main line production sequence and processes ahead of integration to the main assembly line. Pilot location and teams need to be very flexible as many program variants could be overlayed during the build process.
A Sr. Manufacturing Technician II in the Pilot GA organization is a highly skilled, hands on, build technician who can build a full vehicle and is responsible for learning and maintaining a qualified skill set in all jobs within their assigned area. Sr. Manufacturing Technician are responsible for learning and promoting safety standards within their team. This position must communicate and interface with contractors, technicians and leadership within assigned teams as well as other areas to ensure goals and standards are met. This role is located in Tustin, CA and reports directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. Responsibilities
- Support and working together with your team to assemble or attach vehicle components
- Position, align and install components, sub-assemblies & parts into vehicles
- Put together parts to build more complex assemblies
- Read and understand assembly instructions and follow established production procedures
- Promote contractor understanding of company vision and goals.
- Actively supports management in the planning and execution of the DVB.
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum learning effectiveness.
- Lead continuous improvement activities as needed.
- Complete Daily Shift Reports.
- Complete, train and certify contractor in all standard job instructions for all assigned stations; filling in as/where needed
- Manage all parts supply, documentation and equipment (including work orders) required for your station(s) to operate
- Oversee and assign the day-to-day work of contractor ensuring appropriate rotation as needed
- Lead the daily start-up meeting communicating relevant KPIs
- Observe and provide coaching to contractor in the station to ensure standard work and processes/standards are being followed
- High school diploma or GED or relevant experience
- 4-6 years of experience required, exhibits potential to grow further into larger roles with increased scope/complexity
- Team leadership experience preferred.
- Product and industry knowledge.
- Technical expert of equipment in functional area.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing environment and processes.
- Experience of working and managing a team during production is preferred
- Must be able to complete, teach and oversee standard work at all relevant station(s)
- Be knowledgeable of safety protocols and reporting, MES operations (Andon) and shop floor management
- Establishes and maintains visual standards and parts inventory at station(s)
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day.
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather.
Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants:$40.85-$47.10 hourly (actual compensation will be determinedbased on experience, location, and other factors permittedby law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.