Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Rivian is looking for Senior Process Engineer to support DC Charging systems industrialization in Normal, IL.Rivian is building its own fast charging network referred to as “Rivian Adventure Network” and this role will be integral to manufacturing of the product line.As a Senior Process Engineer, you will have the opportunity to planutilizationof workstations, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve efficiency of daily production in the fastest growing industry in the country and make a true impact on growing the Electric Vehicle Industry.The opening will be located at our Normal, IL facility and reports directly to theSeniorManager, DC Fast Charging. Responsibilities
- Coordinates engineering changes,assistsmanufacturingin continuous process improvement and troubleshooting problems with production processes and new program launches.
- Coordinates and tracks the launch ofnew programsin the assigned areas.
- Develop work instructions, standardized work, process flow, and process documentation to ensure the manufacturing process is being followed.
- Work with design engineering team to develop andestablisha design that lends itself to high production while ensuring built in high quality during the manufacturing process.
- Participate in product and packaging reviews to evaluate process impact andprovidefeedback on build sequence, process time analysis, and investment requirements.
- Perform time analysis using a standard motion time system (MODAPTS), estimate production times, staffing requirements, and costs.
- Investigate assembly issues and implement solution by reviewing product design, process sequence plan, and builds affecting production and work during stages of New Product Launch - Null Series (Virtual Builds), Production Trials, and SOP using PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) approach.
- Coordinate with team todetermineand introduceoptimumplant layout, equipment, tooling, and racking inDC Fast Charge to achieve maximum efficiency.
- 3–5years engineering experience in a high-volume manufacturing operation, preferably automotive.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline or a combination of combined experience.
- Must havegood communicationskills – both verbal and written.
- Experience using CATIA/ENOVIAor other CAD design software.
- Experience and/or Knowledge in DOE,MES,Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance, Torque Tooling, Error Proofing, and PFMEA.
- Experience and/or certification in Six Sigma DMAIC (optional), Lean Assembly Principles, Time Studies using MTM or MODAPTS.
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong teamorientation and cross functional attitude.
- Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigmaetcexperience is a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.