Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
We are looking for passionate Field Service Technician II, Charging to support commissioning, operation, and maintenance activities across our Energy & Charging portfolio. As a Field Service Technician II, Charging you will provide on-site service for a variety of hardware including EVSE, energy storage, PV, and other distributed energy systems. Responsibilities
- Support the commissioning and maintenance of electric vehicle supply equipment
- Work collaboratively across internal and external stakeholders to ensure Charging Service Operations will meet contractual Service Level Agreements and Rivian benchmarks
- Continuously evaluating the installation, configuration, and operation of integrated systems while bringing to the attention of internal Rivian stakeholders’ opportunities for optimization and improvement
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues impacting Rivian’s energy assets
- Promptly and meticulously documenting all service-related activities within Salesforce and Rivian’s operating systems
- Committed and flexible to travel both in and out of home-market service territory
- Flexibility to work overtime when needed, including rotating weekend/on-call coverage & availability
- Demonstrate Rivian’s brand, mission, and purpose to customers through relevant human skills
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned
- Additional plant support, including travel, may be required depending on business need
- Ability to properly document repairs completed and in process
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; related trade certifications is a plus
- 1-2 years of experience as a Technician servicing high, medium, and low voltage system components in the automotive, energy, or related industries
- Familiarity with IoT networking concepts
- Ability to read and understand design schematics, construction documents, and technical repair guides
- Customer service skills demonstrating the ability to confirm, reassure, or resolve customer concerns, issues, or apprehensions
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing, and other computer-based applications (e.g. time tracking, case management, etc.)
- Ability to work in a variety of environments, including, but not limited to:
- Climbing ladders/scaffolds/high-lift equipment
- Outdoors and indoors, night or day, during hot, cold, or inclement weather
- Ability to use hand tools, diagnostic equipment (digital multi-meter, power meter, etc.), laptop/tablet, and smartphone
- Excellent time management skills and ability to coordinate travel and logistics to ensure work is completed within contractual service level agreement periods
- Ability to carry/move tools and equipment up to 60 lbs. unassisted
- Minimum age of 21
- No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License (within a 3-5 year period)
- Ability to read and speak fluent English
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle
- Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Ability to travel up to 90%
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.