Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment, and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, and innovate are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
The Low Voltage harness DRE is responsible for product development of low voltage vehicle wiring harnesses for special projects. You will be fully responsible for delivering the harnesses in the line with program timing. The ideal candidate is extremely technically oriented with the dynamic sense of urgency and communication skills to meet project needs and development timing and will have automotive wire harness design experience.
Responsibilities (80s of the Position)
- Design, develop and modify automotive low voltage wire harnesses.
- Translate system schematics into wiring diagrams and harnesses.
- Create 3D harness model from scratch using Catia V6.
- Define harness routing and attachment strategy.
- Choose the best inline connector strategy depending on the harness location and application.
- Interface with vehicle or equipment electrical system designers to ensure basic electrical requirements are understood and implemented.
- Design brackets and other mounting fixtures to secure wire harnesses and related electromechanical devices in the vehicle
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, Mechanical, or related Engineering discipline
- 2+ years Automotive related “wiring harness” experience
- Knowledge of checking: Device Transmittal, System Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, and harnesses for accuracy.
- Preferred experience with Catia V6 and Mentor Capital
- Experience with 3D and 2D CAD software applications.
- Knowledge of DFMEA and DVP&R.
- Up to 25% domestic/international travel required.
Physical Requirements for Non-Physical Positions
- While performing the duties of this job, employees may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time, occasionally bending or stooping, lifting up to 10 pounds, and prolonged periods of computer use.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (214) 529-8055 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)