Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The Collision Repair Validation Technician II role requires a highly-motivated individual with a problem-solving mindset and high levels of initiative. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate must have an understanding of collision repair and refinish technologies. Responsibilities will include the use of tools & equipment, contributing to research projects, clearly documenting project reports, supporting technical leads, and maintaining inventory of consumable items. The Collision Repair Validation Technician II will report onsite to our Manager, Collision Research and Development Workshop. Responsibilities
- Perform collision repair operations such as disassembly/reassembly of vehicles, cutting, grinding, welding, bonding and riveting, paint preparation, refinishing, paint correction, etc.
- Support the creation of technical documentation such as systems overview, parts catalog, repair manuals, labor times, joining techniques, refinishing techniques, etc.
- Validate repair procedures for accuracy (diagnosis, repair process, labor time, safety, etc.)
- Clearly document validation and time-study notes in project management system
- Assist to improve efficiency in service procedures without compromising quality and safety of the repair
- Assist the R&D Collision Team to validate service tooling prior to implementation to the field
- Support campaigns and containment initiatives
- Work with a collaborative attitude and team spirit in an ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Support cost analyst impact on different serviceability methods and processes
- Support cross functional teams and assist with vehicle repairs
- Support and proactively collaborate with Service Engineering, Field Service, Technical Publications, Service Parts, and Service Training teams
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology Degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of automotive body repair experience
- Automotive body repair experience is a plus
- Paint manufacture specific training(s) is a plus
- OEM specific collision repair training(s) is a plus
- Knowledge of EV powertrains and HV systems is a plus
- Ability to drive non-commercial truck and trailer
- Ability to travel (domestic) as needed
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Capable of working in a start-up environment
- Ability to learn strong written and communications skills
- Good organization skills with attention to detail
- Minimum age of 21
- No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License (within a 3-5 year period)
- Ability to read and speak fluent English
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle
- Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Understanding and compliant to PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) guidelines
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day
- Frequent use of hands to handle materials up to 50 lbs.
- Required to stoop and kneel to retrieve materials up to 50 lbs. under select racking or floor pile locations
- Required to communicate using telephone or email
- Ability to view, read, and interpret documents, safety rules, and standard operating procedures
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform all duties in an environment that may contain dust, high noise, hot and cold weather
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to safely operate and work around power tools and machinery
Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $29.80 to $33.65 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.