Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
The Remanufacturing Engineer, Power Electronics role bridges process and test engineering procedures with the technical operations teams. The Remnufacturing engineering team in Kentucky is responsible for designing and maintaining the remanufacturing capability of remanufactured products throughout the entire service lifecycle. The Technical operations team are the experts in the tools, processes, and inter-team resources needed to consistently meet Remanufacturing goals. Our Remanufacturing team members achieve success through task ownership, strong partnerships, integrity and attention to datail. The successful candidate will be hignhly organized, able to manage dymanic priorities, and have a drive to continuously learn. This role will work onsite at our Shepherdsville, KY facility and report to the Manager, Remanufacturing Engineering. Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for ensuring routine, precise completion of procedure for each workstation and for each product.
- Knows the boundaries of each process step and has enough foundational understanding to interpret edge cases for escalation.
- Know basic product architectures, sufficient to interpret the intent of pass/fail test criteria.
- Track and maintain routine, precise operation of tools and equipment
- Actively support the development and validation of remanufacturing processes
- Perform technical analyses, document issues, prioritize and escalate to the appropriate assignee
- Accurately and clearly communicate detailed steps taken to verify issues
- Collaborate with internal engineering and test teams to clarify requirements
- Analyze test data against internal requirements and make recommendations to design teams based on findings, including troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis
- Generate test reports to document and track test results and communicate issues
- Assemble and modify test equipment and data acquisition systems as needed
- Owns and maintains the workspace thorough care for tool inventory and 5S
- Procures tools and equipment
- BS with 1-2 years experience or AS with 5+ years experience in an Engineering adjacent technical program
- Knowledge of electronic test instruments and mechanical hand tools
- Knowledge of EV electrical topology and powertrains
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical engineering drawings, including schematics, layouts and other technical documents
- Thorough verbal and written communication skills
- Practical soldering experience of through-hoke power components is highly valuable; surface mount and J-STD-001 certification preferred
- Demonstrated familiarity with test equipment such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes, power analyzers, hi-pot testers, and isolation measurement tools
- Experience in programming in Python and/or Labview is a plus
- Ability to stand for 8-10 hours per day
- Frequent use of hands to handle or feel material during quality inspections and performing day to day responsibilities
- Occasionally required to climb, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Required to communicate using telephone and/or e-mail
- Ability to read, view, and interpret documents such as safety rules, SOPs, and repair instructions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.