Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary
Rivian Insurance Advisors serve as the frontline representatives of the Rivian Agency, playing a vital role in our customers' journey. Their responsibilities range from assisting customers in evaluating their insurance needs to delivering customized policies and offering ongoing consultative support throughout their ownership of a Rivian vehicle and beyond. Our Insurance Advisors embody a competitive spirit, get excited about winning, and possess a genuine passion for educating others on the advantages of insurance. Their ability to maintain composure under pressure, coupled with a thriving enthusiasm for navigating a dynamic, high-velocity environment, sets them apart in delivering exceptional service. Responsibilities
• Propose innovative solutions to address insurance challenges. Qualifications
• Create, maintain, and manage operational processes, constantly searching for ways to improve the customer experience and increase the efficiency of digital and manual processes.
• Interact with carrier partners as the customer’s advocate.
• Thoroughly document critical processes and procedures, prioritizing quality and compliance to uphold industry standards.
• Act as the subject matter expert for customer facing Rivian teams on all things insurance.
• Meet or exceed team and individual Key Performance Indicators.
• Deliver service that exceeds expectations, turning Rivian customers into enthusiastic brand advocates through the resolution of concerns, creative problem-solving, and diligent follow-up.
• Exhibit flexibility and composure during periods of process and product changes, adapting seamlessly to new challenges and maintaining a customer-centric approach.
• No cold calling or lead generation necessary. Prospective clients are generated naturally from Rivian’s sales process and existing community.
• Experience consulting on insurance by phone (60%+ of each day).
• Self-starter with a motivation for generating sales and identifying opportunities with proven experience in a high-volume sales organization – your focus will be on closing sales and consulting customers.
• Previous experience as an Insurance Agent - building a book of business, writing & selling policies, etc.
• 3+ years of demonstrated sales experience in P&C insurance.
• An active resident P&C insurance license - the more states the better!
• Active listening skills, enabling effective filtering of information during conversations and confidently highlighting key points.
• Proven ability to balance business needs without compromising the customer experience.
• BA/BS in Business, Communication, or relevant work experience.
• Willing and able to work non-standard hours. Weekends, nights, and holiday coverage when required.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.